Rijaca
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am unsure whether I should pick Loughborough or Leeds as my first choice. I have applied for Business Economics and Finance at Loughborough (AAB) and Economics and Finance at Leeds (AAA) (which I am still waiting on an offer from)

I am wondering which would be a better choice from these two courses, which would be more favoured by employers, and more importantly, if there was anybody that studies this exact course at either of the two universities, and if they could tell me what to expect in more depth, as the course summaries I can find online don't give me too much info (particularly Leeds which gives near to no info at all on what I can expect to study, just module titles).

I've found that Leeds ranks higher in most Economics and Finance league tables, but when it comes to just general UK league tables, Loughborough ranks higher, but on international league tables, Leeds is way ahead of Loughborough. This has really confused me and it's made it hard for me to choose between the two.

Thanks very much to whoever responds!
BenRyan99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rijaca)
I am unsure whether I should pick Loughborough or Leeds as my first choice. I have applied for Business Economics and Finance at Loughborough (AAB) and Economics and Finance at Leeds (AAA) (which I am still waiting on an offer from)

I am wondering which would be a better choice from these two courses, which would be more favoured by employers, and more importantly, if there was anybody that studies this exact course at either of the two universities, and if they could tell me what to expect in more depth, as the course summaries I can find online don't give me too much info (particularly Leeds which gives near to no info at all on what I can expect to study, just module titles).

I've found that Leeds ranks higher in most Economics and Finance league tables, but when it comes to just general UK league tables, Loughborough ranks higher, but on international league tables, Leeds is way ahead of Loughborough. This has really confused me and it's made it hard for me to choose between the two.

Leeds literally has all the module details on their website, took me less than 30 seconds to find. It has all the topics in all the modules, just click on the LUBS code next to the module name

http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogu...=BS-ECON%26FIN
Last edited by BenRyan99; 4 months ago
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rijaca)

Hi Rijaca

If you'd like to email [email protected] they may be able to put you in touch with a current student and/or provide you with more detailed information about our Business Economics and Finance BSc.

Employers look for a variety of skills and work experience and so it's up to you to get involved in extra curricular activities that will equip you with the transferable skills that employers are looking for. You can gain valuable work experience by undertaking a placement year and perhaps get involved in clubs and societies like the live entrepreneurial projects in the local area or join The Loughborough Finance and Investment Society. We will help you to develop your employability, read here for more information.

I'll leave you with a link to our student stories so you can see what our current and past students have to say about studying at Loughborough. i hope you find this useful.

Best wishes
Bindu
14swilliams
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi Rijaca tell me if you find anything, I'm in the exact same position as you.
Many thanks
Last edited by 14swilliams; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.33%
Uncertainty around my education (63)
11.58%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (65)
11.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (71)
13.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (30)
5.51%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (25)
4.6%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (57)
10.48%
Financial worries (34)
6.25%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (21)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.76%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (55)
10.11%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (45)
8.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed