year 9

Watch
ScarletMillion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i just read through a bunch of threads about year 9 and almost very comment would say how it's one of the best years and you don't need to worry. but personally this year for me has more or less been the worst.

if your in year 9 right now whats it been like for you?
safarisafa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ScarletMillion)
i just read through a bunch of threads about year 9 and almost very comment would say how it's one of the best years and you don't need to worry. but personally this year for me has more or less been the worst.

im not in year 9 anymore, but i definitely understand you! i was the same, but i realised that it was temporary and that better years were coming. just remember to stay focused, work as hard as possible and dont leave revision till year 10. oliterally though, get into the routine now and create healthy revision habits. you'll thank me when you get to year 11 hehe im currently in year 13 (college) and ive found it hard this year too. some advice for the future: look at universities and entry requirements for the course you want to do if you have figured it out yet, stay focused on your goals, boy/girlfriends lets be honest they wont help in the long run, and always ask questions. dont be afraid to, thats why teachers are there!! if you need any more advice or anything message me and ill be happy to help - saf <3
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ScarletMillion)

everyone's experiences are different - not everyone will find year 9 a breeze. I certainly didn't - a lot of people were unkind to me this year, I wasn't very happy with myself looking back, and my class was a bunch of idiots

I really hope that for you, better years are coming. I loved sixth form! :yep:
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Year 9 was sick man, Year 10 too, it only goes downhill from there :yy:
ScarletMillion
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by safarisafa)
im not in year 9 anymore, but i definitely understand you! i was the same, but i realised that it was temporary and that better years were coming. just remember to stay focused, work as hard as possible and dont leave revision till year 10. oliterally though, get into the routine now and create healthy revision habits. you'll thank me when you get to year 11 hehe im currently in year 13 (college) and ive found it hard this year too. some advice for the future: look at universities and entry requirements for the course you want to do if you have figured it out yet, stay focused on your goals, boy/girlfriends lets be honest they wont help in the long run, and always ask questions. dont be afraid to, thats why teachers are there!! if you need any more advice or anything message me and ill be happy to help - saf <3
id prefer to spend my year 9 enjoying my time now instead waiting for later years without the assurance of it actually getting better but i dont enjoy it. and i dont really have many goals for my later life instead of having to be good academically, which i feel like would get boring cos once i do get a job itll be the same thing for years to come. thank you for the advice though
ScarletMillion
Rep:
?
(Original post by parmezanne)
everyone's experiences are different - not everyone will find year 9 a breeze. I certainly didn't - a lot of people were unkind to me this year, I wasn't very happy with myself looking back, and my class was a bunch of idiots

I really hope that for you, better years are coming. I loved sixth form! :yep:
sorry to hear about your experience, glad to hear that it got better though
ScarletMillion
Rep:
?
(Original post by V℮rsions)
Year 9 was sick man, Year 10 too, it only goes downhill from there :yy:
:yy:
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I may be far too old for this thread (im 21, finished uni last year) but from my own experience at high school year 9 was were I "found myself" in the sense of I sort of realised who I was and what friends I wanted and didn't. for me, year 10 and 11 were the best years for me, GCSEs were a headache and I didn't do well but the friendships and memories I made were far better than anything than possibly even at uni!! (however I can assume it will be different for you guys as of the pandemic). Don't fret, work hard but remember to have fun because high school is really your fun years (plus, after uni you have to fend for yourself)cancel
Starfish13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Year 9 was an ok year for me x
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Some of the threads you may have read will be quite a few years old. Experiences change over time and by school.
For example, not very long ago it would be unheard of to suggest that pupils could pick their GCSEs in year 8 and start them in year 9. Nowadays a good proportion of schools have a 2 year KS3 and a 3 year GCSE curriculum. This changes significantly the stress levels and experiences of pupils at year 9.
ThatsAGoodOne349
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Some of the threads you may have read will be quite a few years old. Experiences change over time and by school.
For example, not very long ago it would be unheard of to suggest that pupils could pick their GCSEs in year 8 and start them in year 9. Nowadays a good proportion of schools have a 2 year KS3 and a 3 year GCSE curriculum. This changes significantly the stress levels and experiences of pupils at year 9.
Must agree with this - Makes for a nicer time at school
OP: From my experience:
Starting GCSEs/BTEC L2's in Year 9 and picking them in the lag of Year 8 was very nice, I could get a better array of qualifications and more of them!
PS: I did one or two subjects in a year which really made me lag out, if you can avoid doing that (1 year, double the lessons) It would be more beneficial for your stress levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.63%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.52%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.66%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.1%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.01%
Taster lectures or seminars (78)
21.37%
Speak to current students studying my course (83)
22.74%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.38%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.56%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.19%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
2.19%

Watched Threads