Possible to lose 15kg in 2 months??

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m 5’3 and weight 70kg I’d like to be about 55kg. Planning on eating 1200 calories a day eating more fruit and less carbs. I’m also walking to and back school and am doing 30 minutes workout in the morning and evening. Is it possible for me to lose 15kg in 2 months or is there something more I could to do lose weight more effectively?
Advertisement
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
That is too high a weight loss to be a reasonable goal.

Why not try to take it more slowly?

By the way, I think that doing two workouts a day and walking to and from school is excessive.

PS Don't dismiss carbohydrates, they are part of a balanced diet.
username5129378
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Try Chloe Ting's workouts.
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
That is too high a weight loss to be a reasonable goal.

Why not try to take it more slowly?

By the way, I think that doing two workouts a day and walking to and from school is excessive.

PS Don't dismiss carbohydrates, they are part of a balanced diet.
What do you think is a reasonable goal?
HorribleHatty
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Is it technically possible? Yes. Is it realistic or healthy? No.

If you want fast weightloss and you’re an adult (as in over 18) the quickest weightloss seems to be from a keto diet. Aim for less than 20g of carbs/day. First 3-5 days will be hell then your body will stop expecting the blood sugar highs. Eat lots of meat, green vegetables, cheeses, fats. Limit milk. No fruit, chips, rice, bread, breaded foods, sweet things.

It’s done wonders for a lot of people but it can be difficult. It’s better to change your lifestyle - it will be easier to maintain long-term.

Edit - to add to this I lost 18kg in four months. I did keto for the first month, then religiously tracked my calories and kept to a step goal for the rest.
Last edited by HorribleHatty; 1 year ago
Advertisement
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you think is a reasonable goal?
60 Kg at Christmas?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 5’3 and weight 70kg I’d like to be about 55kg. Planning on eating 1200 calories a day eating more fruit and less carbs. I’m also walking to and back school and am doing 30 minutes workout in the morning and evening. Is it possible for me to lose 15kg in 2 months or is there something more I could to do lose weight more effectively?
Planning on, having picked an abitrary number of calories, or planning on, having calculated your calorie deficit?

Up to 1kg a week is healthy and sustainable.

Sugar is a carbohydrate, so how do you reduce carbs when eating more fruit? Learn about starch, sugar, fibre and complex carbs, and don't reduce or cut out a food group that your body actually needs.
Advertisement
Allglorytoallah
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
And don't forgot your apple cider vinegar everyday!!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Cutting out carbs is bs. Carbs give you energy and having less than 20g a day is not good for you nor is it necessary. If you want to know the best and most efficient way to lose weight it is to be in a calorie deficit. You need to be consuming less calories than your body is burning. 1200 is the minimum amount of calories a woman needs daily, so between 1250-1300 calories a day would be fine. You also need to be going to the gym and doing weight training. Quite honestly walking every day isn't going to make a huge amount of difference. Building muscle helps you burn more fat and also makes weight loss easier to sustain long term without draining your body which is what a keto diet will do. You'll feel like **** during keto and after it and it's not a long term solution.
The most important thing you can do to lose weight is to be in a calorie deficit, exercise helps make the process quicker and tones your body but honestly being in a calorie deficit is the way to start. You need to be eating A LOT of protein at least 130g a day to hit your target. I lost 10kg in 6 months just by eating healthier and started to lose more through going to the gym and doing weight training. Chloe ting workouts are also bs, its proven weight training is the best way to help you lose weight.
Advertisement
X
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (36)
20.81%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (81)
46.82%
First aid skills (16)
9.25%
Personal safety skills (5)
2.89%
Sign language (19)
10.98%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (13)
7.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.73%

Watched Threads