The Student Room Group

Barts vs Bristol A100

Anyone have opinions?

I like the idea of studying in London but get the impression that Bristol is better overall.

Also heard the students at Bristol seem generally a bit less satisfied at the moment because their curriculum has just been changed and they're having teething troubles.
Reply 1
I would say look at the curriculum at Barts, and check what the new curriculum is at Bristol and consider which is your personal favourite.
Whenever there’s a change there will, more than likely, always be some sort of problem.
Also weigh up other factors that may be important to you.
I received offers from Aston, Bristol and Barts. I have already decided against going to Aston so I have to make a decision between Bristol and Barts. As far as I can see both curriculums are relatively similar so that doesn't really help me make a decision. Bristol's campus looks way better than Barts which honestly looks a bit tired. Am I right in assuming that Barts is way more prestigious than Bristol?
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes in the UK this is true and I think it's a much better system. I'm an international applicant and in my country things like prestige does matter later on. I wish we had the same system as the UK but unfortunately we don't. That's why it was important to me to figure out which medical school has the most international recognition. Any help would be much appreciated 🙂
Original post by ibiECG
Anyone have opinions?

I like the idea of studying in London but get the impression that Bristol is better overall.

Also heard the students at Bristol seem generally a bit less satisfied at the moment because their curriculum has just been changed and they're having teething troubles.

I’m not sure what you mean about curriculum change because as far as I know my year is the fourth year on the mb21 programme so by next year someone will be in every year of it. To me people seem happy with the new curriculum but have a look at any module catalogues etc and think about London or not London. The only downside of Bristol in my view is it is quite pricey compared to other non London places but SFE don’t give you extra money
Original post by TorturedPigS1ut
Yes in the UK this is true and I think it's a much better system. I'm an international applicant and in my country things like prestige does matter later on. I wish we had the same system as the UK but unfortunately we don't. That's why it was important to me to figure out which medical school has the most international recognition. Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

As you’ve said you aren’t in the uk we probably aren’t best to advise as only you probably know exactly the standing of unis in your country. From what I’ve seen there are similar number of applicants per place at both the two you are deciding between but I’m sure every country has its own list in terms of what’s more desirable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending