Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have applied to study graphic communication design, I have been given an interview. I have been told to discuss about a project to a group of people. Also I have been given approximately 5 minutes. What can I do to fully prepare as I'm not sure what to include and remove from my work.
Pariisssssss
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have applied to study graphic communication design, I have been given an interview. I have been told to discuss about a project to a group of people. Also I have been given approximately 5 minutes. What can I do to fully prepare as I'm not sure what to include and remove from my work.
Hey! I had my interview for this course back in February and it was quite like a casual conversation. The interviewer will ask you to choose one piece of work to show them. Be prepared to answer questions like: ‘Tell me a bit about this work’ ‘what are you currently working on?’ ‘What do you think graphic communication design is? And why this course?’ Overall just be really confident on talking about yourself and your work, show that you are passionate about the subject and central saint martins. Good luck!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pariisssssss)
Hey! I had my interview for this course back in February and it was quite like a casual conversation. The interviewer will ask you to choose one piece of work to show them. Be prepared to answer questions like: ‘Tell me a bit about this work’ ‘what are you currently working on?’ ‘What do you think graphic communication design is? And why this course?’ Overall just be really confident on talking about yourself and your work, show that you are passionate about the subject and central saint martins. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice much appreciated 👍
Also one more question did you have to speak to a group of people?
Also did you only have 5 minutes?
Pariisssssss
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the advice much appreciated 👍
Also one more question did you have to speak to a group of people?
Also did you only have 5 minutes?
You’re Welcome 🙂 In my interview there was only two other applicants and the interviewer but you may have up to 7 other applicants at the same time as you (BTW the whole thing only lasted about an hour) We had about 5 minutes to talk but it wasn’t a strict time limit or anything so there wasn’t any pressure about going slightly over : )
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pariisssssss)
You’re Welcome 🙂 In my interview there was only two other applicants and the interviewer but you may have up to 7 other applicants at the same time as you (BTW the whole thing only lasted about an hour) We had about 5 minutes to talk but it wasn’t a strict time limit or anything so there wasn’t any pressure about going slightly over : )
Thanks for the advice 👍 good luck for you as well hope to see you in CSM if we get in thanks again
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I also have a csm interview for GCD tomorrow! I'm confused as to whether they want us to show our original 10 page portfolio and a project? Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (547)
14.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (418)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (514)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (185)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.38%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.88%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.5%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.4%

Watched Threads