The Student Room Group

Decision Maker – Single Competent Authority (SCA)

Hi I have an interview in the next few days. Does anyone have any tips?
Original post by EKJules77
Hi I have an interview in the next few days. Does anyone have any tips?

I have one. Is yours recorded?
Reply 2
Original post by Newbie1202

Yes it’s a pre recorded one.
Reply 3

how are you feeling about yours? Have you had the link sent through? x

My tip would be, if the camera freezes, carry on as if it was recording. Mine froze but the video sent through fine.
Also Pre recorded is hard, don't be too harsh on yourself afterwards. I was offered a job the back of (what I thought was) a terrible interview
And practice practice practice
how are you feeling about yours? Have you had the link sent through? x

I have the link. Really nervous still! Pre recorded feels more like a script than an interview
Reply 6
My tip would be, if the camera freezes, carry on as if it was recording. Mine froze but the video sent through fine.
Also Pre recorded is hard, don't be too harsh on yourself afterwards. I was offered a job the back of (what I thought was) a terrible interview
And practice practice practice

Thank you so much. Don’t know why I worry more than I usually would for these interviews. It’s just so awkward not having another person there to talk to. And the fact that you don’t know what they will ask but you wouldn’t know in a normal interview either x
Thank you so much. Don’t know why I worry more than I usually would for these interviews. It’s just so awkward not having another person there to talk to. And the fact that you don’t know what they will ask but you wouldn’t know in a normal interview either x

I think in a normal interview it's easier because you can discuss the question with them and you get a reaction with your answer. You can always ask to come back to that question later etc

Where have you applied for?
Reply 9
I think in a normal interview it's easier because you can discuss the question with them and you get a reaction with your answer. You can always ask to come back to that question later etc

Yes that’s the part I’m not going to enjoy. It’s much easier to talk to someone and they can prompt you if required to expand your answers a bit.
Yes that’s the part I’m not going to enjoy. It’s much easier to talk to someone and they can prompt you if required to expand your answers a bit.

Like I said though, I thought I did TERRIBLY on one and had a job offer. I wasn't even waiting for a reply, I was so certain I'd not got it.
Reply 11
Like I said though, I thought I did TERRIBLY on one and had a job offer. I wasn't even waiting for a reply, I was so certain I'd not got it.

Well done on the job offer! And appreciate you have the job and still on giving advice. Thank you 😊
Well done on the job offer! And appreciate you have the job and still on giving advice. Thank you 😊

It's a different role but still in the HO. Decision maker is the job I'd love. I'll be doing the interview this week
Reply 13
Glasgow
Reply 14
Glasgow

I applied for Glasgow too. Fingers crossed for us all!
anyone have any idea how long they take to get back to you after interview?
Original post by rubaniya
anyone have any idea how long they take to get back to you after interview?

Last one I had was about 2 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending