twkh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
if i were to move to turkey(to a british/international school) during before yr11 starts, how does it work as in subjects wise?; like would i have to change my gcse subjects and would the coursework ive done here(uk) counts towards my final grade in Turkey? also would they have A levels if u did attend a british school
MusicalMe101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by twkh)
if i were to move to turkey(to a british/international school) during before yr11 starts, how does it work as in subjects wise?; like would i have to change my gcse subjects and would the coursework ive done here(uk) counts towards my final grade in Turkey? also would they have A levels if u did attend a british school
Hi, as someone who has previously attended a British school in Europe, I hope I can help a bit. International schools follow the American education system whereas British schools follow the British curriculum. That being said, some do GCSEs while others do iGCSEs - it depends on your school and the subjects they have on offer, you may have to adjust and switch out a couple of subjects. You can usually go onto the school’s website to have a look at their subjects and exam boards. If you attend a British school then they should have A levels.
twkh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by MusicalMe101)
Hi, as someone who has previously attended a British school in Europe, I hope I can help a bit. International schools follow the American education system whereas British schools follow the British curriculum. That being said, some do GCSEs while others do iGCSEs - it depends on your school and the subjects they have on offer, you may have to adjust and switch out a couple of subjects. You can usually go onto the school’s website to have a look at their subjects and exam boards. If you attend a British school then they should have A levels.
oh alright thanks a lot x
as to GCSEs what if i join at the start of yr11 i dont think id b able to adjust my subject
MusicalMe101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I see what you mean, I think you’d be best to discuss the best option for you with your new school. They may give you work to do over the summer for you to attempt to catch up or you may be best dropping the subject. Catching up over the summer isn’t impossible, you would just require a lot of motivation and self discipline.

I decided to switch subjects towards the end of year 10 and as my school provided me with all the work for that year, I managed to complete it all over the summer and be at the exact same level as my peers at the start of year 11. People work at different speeds and what works for one person does not work for the other, so you should discuss all your options with your parents and the school.
Last edited by MusicalMe101; 6 months ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by twkh)
what if i join at the start of yr11 i dont think id b able to adjust my subject
If they don't offer a subject you're doing, or if your options don't work in their timetable then there's no choice. Swapping schools within England at the end of Year 10 often means you have to change subject(s), or just do 1 less.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (6)
10.34%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.17%
I need help with my personal statement (25)
43.1%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
24.14%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.45%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads