The Student Room Group

What does the finger gun sign to the wrist mean?

I’ve seen many people pose with their fingers as guns towards their wrist/arm, what does this mean and what does it symbolise? Like they’ll have their arm out and they’ll point the “finger gun” to their wrist/forearm. What does it mean?
Original post by DiamondDia
I’ve seen many people pose with their fingers as guns towards their wrist/arm, what does this mean and what does it symbolise? Like they’ll have their arm out and they’ll point the “finger gun” to their wrist/forearm. What does it mean?

i'm not sure about the finger gun so i could be very wrong here, but as far as i am aware as it's not really a gesture i use, but when i've seen people do it to their inner elbow, as far as i'm aware it's an action for hitting up (doing drugs via a needle) in the same way one might put a finger gun to their head when they're saying like 'kill me' sarcastically, but in reference to drugs i think it means 'kill me' in the same sarcastic way but by overdosing. i could be very wrong about the gesture you are referring to but i have seen this one before, although i must say not many people i know use it it's kind of weird haha hope it helps!
Reply 2
Original post by applejuice22
i'm not sure about the finger gun so i could be very wrong here, but as far as i am aware as it's not really a gesture i use, but when i've seen people do it to their inner elbow, as far as i'm aware it's an action for hitting up (doing drugs via a needle) in the same way one might put a finger gun to their head when they're saying like 'kill me' sarcastically, but in reference to drugs i think it means 'kill me' in the same sarcastic way but by overdosing. i could be very wrong about the gesture you are referring to but i have seen this one before, although i must say not many people i know use it it's kind of weird haha hope it helps!

Thanks so much, I had no idea what it meant, I just thought it was like a self harm awareness gesture or something, but thank you.
yeah idk i could be wrong but around here that's what it means, sorry if i'm wrong lol!!
i was gonna say the same thing apple lol
okay sound, didn't want to be telling it wrong but yeah that's what it means here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest