og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I am in Year 9 today is Monday and I have a important maths test next week Thursday, so its my 2nd Maths test and the first one I flopped I got 35/50 and I needed 40/50 to be put into GCSE higher tier for maths in Year 10, how should I revise for it, I know the topics and they are hard, how should I structure my days and how should I revise for maths!
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by og-icon)
Hi, I am in Year 9 today is Monday and I have a important maths test next week Thursday, so its my 2nd Maths test and the first one I flopped I got 35/50 and I needed 40/50 to be put into GCSE higher tier for maths in Year 10, how should I revise for it, I know the topics and they are hard, how should I structure my days and how should I revise for maths!
what I would do is focus on the topics which you are not good at. Don't keep on revising the easy topics, as that is a waste of time as you already know how to complete them. If your school has mathswatch use that, and revise topics that you find hard. Also practice past paper questions (some practice ones on mathswatch). Make sure you also know all of your formulas- unless they give them to you.

The most important thing for maths is to practice! The more you practice, you find the more familiar the questions are.

Hope this helps.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Try colour coding and flashcards
Taesbokuto
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by og-icon)
practice questions !!!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you've any past assessments use these to help identify weak areas and focus on these. best way to revise for maths is just lots of exam questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (41)
22.91%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (87)
48.6%
I'm unsure (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads