The Student Room Group

Student finance evidence query

Hello,

I have applied for 21/22 year finance however I have a query with the evidence I need to supply regarding my child.

I have changed my name by deed poll in 2020 and I need to update this with SFE. My question is, will you accept evidence letters in my old name?

For context, my surname was McCarthy but now changed to Charlton. I have a child benefit letter, but this is addressed to McCarthy. My deed poll clearly shows my before and after name. Wondering if this would still be accepted?

Thanks

Claire
Original post by cc2804
Hello,

I have applied for 21/22 year finance however I have a query with the evidence I need to supply regarding my child.

I have changed my name by deed poll in 2020 and I need to update this with SFE. My question is, will you accept evidence letters in my old name?

For context, my surname was McCarthy but now changed to Charlton. I have a child benefit letter, but this is addressed to McCarthy. My deed poll clearly shows my before and after name. Wondering if this would still be accepted?

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire, you should upload the most recent child benefit letter that you have. If it's in the wrong name, then as long as you upload your deed poll document in your online account then it should be fine.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending