Hdavies1212
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is making people here firm Cardiff? I am definitely leaning towards firming Cardiff but also like Birmingham so not sure which to pick :/
lilyOosh21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by examswithnojams)
I think it really depends what kind of accommodation you're looking for since most of the accommodations are in good distance

the Taly accommodations seem to have a lot of medics and they're quite party-oriented and social, from what I've heard. they're also halfway between Heath and Cathays campus so pretty well-located, since first years can go back and forth between the biosciences building and the med school building.

if you want quieter accommodations, there are ones with quiet-living options, you just need to look on the website quite thoroughly I guess hope this helps!
thanks v useful
Fisrrr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hdavies1212)
What is making people here firm Cardiff? I am definitely leaning towards firming Cardiff but also like Birmingham so not sure which to pick :/
Also deciding on this too, but I’m leaning on Birmingham as it’s just a few miles to home and also does one of the best in post grad exams...if that means anything to anyone xd
CJField
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me its the friendlyness of Cardiff, the course (dissection and CBL), the location (beaches and nature etc), the decent nightlife and the super cheap living
smt1012
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm going to firm Cardiff ! I applied for deferred entry though
lilyOosh21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
super cheap, great location, med school seems great, good societies and MedSoc. Basically I can see myself living here for 5-8 years which isnt the case for a lot of other places. My cousin also went to the med school here and said it was great so... yh
Jono1o10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got an unconditional yesterday ( achieved) after getting rejected from Plymouth so gassed. Definitely firming it cos it's my first choice. I want to come cardiff mainly cos it has an MCCU which is a professional level cricket team and its relatively cheap to live here. It's a Russell group university as well and it is the highest rated on my list off unis ( Leicester liverpool and plymouth). I'm still waiting on liverpool and Leicester to reply post interview.
naijga
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didnt think making a choice would be this difficult. I cant decide between Hull and Cardiff. Ive heard Hull accomodation is lovely and cheap but it seems so is cardiff's. this is more difficult than i though it would be
Merriewoodcock
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
has anyone had an email from Cardiff since getting an offer?
caitlinogx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Congrats everybody on their offers !! I was just wondering what accommodations people are looking at? I wanted to be near Heath Campus so I saw Clodien House but some reviews for it aren’t that great. What is everybody thinking ?
CurlySue18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by caitlinogx)
Hi! Congrats everybody on their offers !! I was just wondering what accommodations people are looking at? I wanted to be near Heath Campus so I saw Clodien House but some reviews for it aren’t that great. What is everybody thinking ?
I had a look at Clodien House earlier today and it looks like it’s booked up already for 2021/22 😳 what do people think of Talybont North?
Hdavies1212
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CurlySue18)
I had a look at Clodien House earlier today and it looks like it’s booked up already for 2021/22 😳 what do people think of Talybont North?
I was considering there because it is the cheapest talybont accomodation but apparently bedrooms are absolutely tiny :/
examswithnojams
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how do you know if accommodations are already booked up?
CurlySue18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by examswithnojams)
how do you know if accommodations are already booked up?
I checked the Clodien House website and it said all
Studios and en-suite rooms were ‘sold out’ for 21/22
lowri_roberts123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone, congrats on your offers, is anyone from wales here??
CurlySue18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was considering there because it is the cheapest talybont accomodation but apparently bedrooms are absolutely tiny :/
Oh ok, do you know anything about the other Talybont accommodations?
Hdavies1212
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CurlySue18)
Oh ok, do you know anything about the other Talybont accommodations?
Not too much i'm afraid. I think Taly South is meant to be the most social but think all taly accomodations are pretty social so not sure it makes too much difference?
Hdavies1212
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just received the confirmation letter email from Cardiff and it did mention the obvious risk of oversubscription this year. They said they would try and defer people if this is the case but it isn't guaranteed (from what I gathered) which is slightly concerning me. I think Birmingham have said in the event of too many people meeting the offer conditions (and firming), they would guarantee a deferred spot but it appears Cardiff isn't? What is everyone else thinking about this? Not sure whether to email asking for more info..
lowri_roberts123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just received the confirmation letter email from Cardiff and it did mention the obvious risk of oversubscription this year. They said they would try and defer people if this is the case but it isn't guaranteed (from what I gathered) which is slightly concerning me. I think Birmingham have said in the event of too many people meeting the offer conditions (and firming), they would guarantee a deferred spot but it appears Cardiff isn't? What is everyone else thinking about this? Not sure whether to email asking for more info..
yeah said the same in my confirmation email but it also said at the end of that sub section that so long as you meet the criteria (being AAA i’m assuming) and cardiff is your firm, then they’ll see you september. So i wouldn’t worry about it just make sure you meet the AAA
caitlinogx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lowri_roberts123)
Hi everyone, congrats on your offers, is anyone from wales here??
i am
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (191)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (554)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (421)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (519)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (226)
5.98%
Loneliness (317)
8.39%
Financial worries (139)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (147)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (169)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (337)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (355)
9.39%

Watched Threads