username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I just had some questions and was wondering if anyone would be able to answer them? xx
1. is a dynamic equilibrium the same as just equilibrium? Will I lose marks in an exam (btw I do AQA) if I refer to equilibrium instead of dynamic equilibrium?
2. in the spec it says: explain why, for a reversible reaction used in an industrial process, a compromise temperature and pressure may be used.
I understand why compromise temperature and pressure may be used in the Harber process, but I'm not sure id know how to explain it if it came up as a three marker as to why compromise temperature and pressures may need to be used. What would you say to that?

Thank you! <3
josh20p
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
I just had some questions and was wondering if anyone would be able to answer them? xx
1. is a dynamic equilibrium the same as just equilibrium? Will I lose marks in an exam (btw I do AQA) if I refer to equilibrium instead of dynamic equilibrium?
2. in the spec it says: explain why, for a reversible reaction used in an industrial process, a compromise temperature and pressure may be used.
I understand why compromise temperature and pressure may be used in the Harber process, but I'm not sure id know how to explain it if it came up as a three marker as to why compromise temperature and pressures may need to be used. What would you say to that?

Thank you! <3
1. You wont need to always refer to it as dynamic, the only question ive seen about it is like what is meant by a dynamic equilibrium or state why it is described as dynamic.
2. compromise temps and pressures are used to increase the yield of product or rate of reaction, without being too expensive as it is costly to run high temperatures and to have the equipment needed to maintain high pressures.
username3477548
Rep:
?
(Original post by josh20p)
1. You wont need to always refer to it as dynamic, the only question ive seen about it is like what is meant by a dynamic equilibrium or state why it is described as dynamic.
2. compromise temps and pressures are used to increase the yield of product or rate of reaction, without being too expensive as it is costly to run high temperatures and to have the equipment needed to maintain high pressures.
ok thank you!

what was the correct answer for the bit in bold? xx
josh20p
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
ok thank you!

what was the correct answer for the bit in bold? xx
Its only dynamic in reversible reactions because the rate of the forwards and reverse reactions will be the same and occuring at the same time, but double check what mark schemes exactly say for the answer to that
username3477548
Rep:
?
(Original post by josh20p)
Its only dynamic in reversible reactions because the rate of the forwards and reverse reactions will be the same and occuring at the same time, but double check what mark schemes exactly say for the answer to that
k thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads