Is Westminster Uni really that bad?

Watch this thread
claraferro10
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am planning on studying an LLM Entertainment Law at Westminster uni but i've been reading very mixed comments about this uni. Any insight on this?Haven't found this LLM in any other uni in london
Mikos
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I can't really comment on the LLM itself as I know little about it, however, Westminster has a poor reputation for law and this is something that can affect your career prospects.
If you're studying the LLM out of pure interest and like the course then it doesn't matter, but if employability is a big concern for you then I would look elsewhere.
claraferro10
Rep:
(Original post by Mikos)
I can't really comment on the LLM itself as I know little about it, however, Westminster has a poor reputation for law and this is something that can affect your career prospects.
If you're studying the LLM out of pure interest and like the course then it doesn't matter, but if employability is a big concern for you then I would look elsewhere.
Thank you for this! I am definetly considering other options as I have not read one single positive comment on this uni which is a shame because I am really interested in this LLM.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by claraferro10)
Thank you for this! I am definetly considering other options as I have not read one single positive comment on this uni which is a shame because I am really interested in this LLM.
I would encourage you to look at this in the round, though and consider what the benefits would be to be studying entertainment law in that particular area. I gather that the course is taught in Great Titchfield Street, which is just a few minutes' walk from Broadcasting House (the BBC). There are other significant companies in the entertainment world not that far away, companies like Sony, for instance. Obviously, there are countless theatres in the area too. These facts means that firms which are vital to the entertainment business are also based in the area and so this is where you are more likely to meet a solicitor already working in entertainment law.

It can make an immense difference when you are looking at going into a heavily subscribed area like Law to have the ability to 'network' in some way.

To be based in Great Titchfield Street would give you a chance of meeting people actually working in Entertainment Law. Take into account the advantage this would be.
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 year ago
claraferro10
Rep:
(Original post by Kerzen)
I would encourage you to look at this in the round, though and consider what the benefits would be to be studying entertainment law in that particular area. I gather that the course is taught in Great Titchfield Street, which is just a few minutes' walk from Broadcasting House (the BBC). There are other significant companies in the entertainment world not that far away, companies like Sony, for instance. Obviously, there are countless theatres in the area too. These facts means that firms which are vital to the entertainment business are also based in the area and so this is where you are more likely to meet a solicitor already working in entertainment law.

It can make an immense difference when you are looking at going into to a heavily subscribed area like Law to have the ability to 'network' in some way.

To be based in Great Titchfield Street would give you a chance of meeting people actually working in Entertainment Law. Take into account the advantage this would be.
This is very true as well, and it is actually one strong reason why I haven't dismissed the option. So hard to choose! Thank you very much for this. Have a great day!
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This is very true as well, and it is actually one strong reason why I haven't dismissed the option. So hard to choose! Thank you very much for this. Have a great day!
Are you considering other courses? What are your hopes in terms of your career?
James-Uni of Westminster
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am planning on studying an LLM Entertainment Law at Westminster uni but i've been reading very mixed comments about this uni. Any insight on this?Haven't found this LLM in any other uni in london
Hi,

I studied at the University of Westminster for four years and loved my time there. I now work for the Course Enquiries Team at the university.
I was initially drawn to how centrally located the campuses were in the heart of London. As someone who loved visiting London, I was very excited to be located at the Regent Street and Little Titchfield Street campus where I studied politics. This would be the same campus for you studying the Entertainment Law LLM.
In my experience, I always found the teachers to be friendly, helpful and very approachable. They are always trying to ensure your progress on the course and you can contact them anytime if you have questions regarding the work and what is expected.

With just a short walk from the busy Oxford Street station - the campus is a traditional building that has seen a lot of investment in recent years with a new student breakout cafe called the Hideaway being built in 2019 as well as silent computer and study rooms on the first floor.
Nonetheless, this campus is also linked by a 5 minute walk across the street to our Law School at Little Titchfield Street where you can access two floors of libraries, silent study areas and laptops that can be borrowed over the weekends in the event that your own suddenly decides to stop working. Therefore, even though you will be traveling into central London to study, once there, you will be closely connected to all your classrooms, lecture theaters and study areas.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads