Other (1)
3.03%
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Welcome to the A-level French Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for any assessments or grading that your teachers will be setting you over the next few months.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support students struggling, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> How are your school assessing you in this subject?

> What are you aiming for?

> How are you currently preparing for your assessments?

Specifications:

AQA - French 7702

Edexcel - French 9FR0

OCR- Modern Foreign Languages

WJEC - French

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
LAB03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone. Has anyone seen the 2021 assessment materials for French? If so, what do you think?
caitlinroisinw17
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello, I barely know how the student room works but I'm desperate for help with my IRP. I'm in year 12 and I have my exam on Tuesday the 8th of June so basically have two weeks to prepare it. My school are doing a mini one for our mock so we have to prepare the two minute presentation and the only talk for 5 minutes about our chosen topic instead of the usual 8-9. I'm doing mine on la réforme du bac. I'm so confused but my teacher is scary lol. Here are the questions I have:

How do introduce the sources in my presentation? So is it like "for this project, I read an article by XYZ who said ABC"?
How do I reference any additional sources I've used in the conversation afterwords?

If anyone could give me some advice or examples I would be eternally grateful!
callumtilley1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello! I'm in year 12 and looking to practice. If anyone wants to have a convo in French non-judgmentally then I am up for it. À bientôt
Lacleman162
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I‘ve done a couple of practice IRPs for French and German A Level and this is the structure that I find works really well:

1. State your question/title and say the names of the two articles, where they come from, who wrote them and when they were published

2. Summarise the first source in a broad sense - just a basic overview of what it’s talking about

3. Summarise the second source in the same way as the first

4. Give your personal response (this is the most important part) so say whether you think the author is biased and what the tone/purpose of the article is (to entertain, to inform etc.) Its best to choose articles which disagree with one another because it gives you more to respond to in this section.

For example, for your topic you could choose an article which supports la réforme du bac (maybe a source which is linked to the government so there’s more bias?) and one which criticises it.

As for additional resources in the general conversation, I don’t think there’s a specific rule for how to do it but they would probably appreciate you to mention the name of the newspaper you’re taking information from but I doubt it matters that much. They are really strict about timing though so make sure you don’t go over the two minutes because they will cut you off.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Last edited by Lacleman162; 3 weeks ago
savya
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by callumtilley1)
Hello! I'm in year 12 and looking to practice. If anyone wants to have a convo in French non-judgmentally then I am up for it. À bientôt
hello, my french isn't that strong as I was mainly revising for my other subjects for GCSEs- but I'd love to practice if you're down!
Yaz013
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 hours ago
(Original post by callumtilley1)
Hi, I would like to do a convo
What exam board are u on?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads