The Student Room Group

Reapplying after dropping out

Hello, everyone!

I have a question about medical school - is it true that no medical school in UK accepts candidates who already enrolled in other medical school and dropped out? So - basically - if you drop out of one medical school, you're banned from studying medicine in the entire UK? I'm trying to understand the UK system a bit better (Slovenian over here!) - hence my question. Thanks in advance!
(edited 3 years ago)
I don’t believe so? I’ve not heard this? It’s only if you’re kicked out I think?

You can call up at the individual med schools and speak to an admissions tutor to see what they say. I suggest.
Reply 2
Original post by hanakansu
Hello, everyone!

I have a question about medical school - is it true that no medical school in UK accepts candidates who already enrolled in other medical school and dropped out? So - basically - if you drop out of one medical school, you're banned from studying medicine in the entire UK? I'm trying to understand the UK system a bit better (Slovenian over here!) - hence my question. Thanks in advance!.

Are you in med school currently and are you already studying in UK?
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
Are you in med school currently and are you already studying in UK?

I'm an MD - I'm really just asking out of curiosity and trying to compare UK system to other EU systems. If I understood right - medical school dropouts can't get accepted into another medical school in UK since it's a huge red flag - just making sure I got it right.
Reply 4
Hello, everyone!

I have a question about medical school - is it true that no medical school in UK accepts candidates who already enrolled in other medical school and dropped out? So - basically - if you drop out of one medical school, you're banned from studying medicine in the entire UK? Do you know anyone who got into a medical school again, after dropping? I'm trying to understand the UK system a bit better (Slovenian over here!) - hence my question. Thanks in advance!.
It’s not a total ban. There are some people who’ve been allowed to apply after dropping out. You would have to contact admissions tutors at whichever uni you want to go to and ask them
Original post by hanakansu
Hello, everyone!

I have a question about medical school - is it true that no medical school in UK accepts candidates who already enrolled in other medical school and dropped out? So - basically - if you drop out of one medical school, you're banned from studying medicine in the entire UK? I'm trying to understand the UK system a bit better (Slovenian over here!) - hence my question. Thanks in advance!

Many UK medical schools explicitly say that they will not accept former medical students. Other medical schools have not published their position on the matter, so perhaps extenuating circumstances might be taken into account at those universities. I imagine it would still be quite difficult however.
Reply 7
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
It’s not a total ban. There are some people who’ve been allowed to apply after dropping out. You would have to contact admissions tutors at whichever uni you want to go to and ask them

Do you know what schools? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending