The 'super straight' campaign taking over TikTok is actually just ugly transphobic...

Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
An amusing, if somewhat niche bit of news i came across recently with the so called 'super straight' identity taking hold.
Obviously its patently absurd. However, what its in response to seems to be a relatively fair point. With some weird types calling people so called "transphobes" for saying they wouldnt sleep with someone who identifies as a female (or male depending on whom you are i guess). A truly moronic accusation to call someone a transphobe for not wanting to hook up with a biological man. Alas, this is the end result of such weirdness that you get deliberately offensive trolling in this vein in response to it.

Idiots to the left, idiots to the right - in more ways than one it would seem.

https://mashable.com/article/super-s...k-transphobia/
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This feels like a 4chan stunt for the levels of absurdity. Either way it is Grade A trolling and I love it.
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not dating/hooking up with trans people because of genital preferences = not transphobia
Creating a whole sexuality just to emphasise that fact that you are a ~ p u r e ~ hetero and would never date those vile men dressed as women - transphobia

It'll probably blow over soon, and taking it too seriously is probably a mistake (see Pridefall), but yes it's obviously transphobic.
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It has all the hallmarks of a 4chan troll.

If it's serious, this is the stupidest **** I've seen in months.
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
An amusing, if somewhat niche bit of news i came across recently with the so called 'super straight' identity taking hold.
Obviously its patently absurd. However, what its in response to seems to be a relatively fair point. With some weird types calling people so called "transphobes" for saying they wouldnt sleep with someone who identifies as a female (or male depending on whom you are i guess). A truly moronic accusation to call someone a transphobe for not wanting to hook up with a biological man. Alas, this is the end result of such weirdness that you get deliberately offensive trolling in this vein in response to it.

Idiots to the left, idiots to the right - in more ways than one it would seem.

https://mashable.com/article/super-s...k-transphobia/
Careful Mr Napp...

You will attract attention and comments by Mr Foitre who will then accuse you of being a transphobic individual...
Last edited by Lucifer323; 3 weeks ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've tried being Super Straight, but so far no woman will indulge my demands to shout about how much I hate big willies in all my places during sex. I feel somehow less of a man without this reassurance.
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When you start equating things like that with transphobia it seems like a perfectly logical reaction.
Last edited by TCA2b; 3 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Careful Mr Napp...

You will attract attention and comments by Mr Foitre who will then accuse you of being a transphobic individual...
Ah i havent seen him in a while, i wonder if he finally found something better to do than abusing students and co :lol:
Either way, it more seems to be a badge of honour if that particular individual "calls you out" as it always seems to mean you're talking sense as opposed to their scientifically illiterate propaganda. Whether you are "pro" or "anti" trans (as he seems to think people must be) the one thing tha can be said is that the comments made by him do a great job of alienating anyone else who usually couldnt give a toss one way or the other.
After all, i really couldnt care less if someone wants to identify as whatever they so wish, i simply take umbrage when you have unpalatable people like that telling you what you will think and if you dont agree 100% youre apparently a so called "transphobe".
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
Not dating/hooking up with trans people because of genital preferences = not transphobia
Creating a whole sexuality just to emphasise that fact that you are a ~ p u r e ~ hetero and would never date those vile men dressed as women - transphobia
this is exactly it :yep:
Jordan Walk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What on earth does 'super straight' mean? :confused:
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've seen a lot of people saying it's a nazi dog whistle because of the "SS" flag
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jordan Walk)
What on earth does 'super straight' mean? :confused:
it means someone is so straight they couldn't possibly be attracted to a trans person.

having preference isn't inherently transphobic, but creating a movement to specifically target trans people absolutely is.
Last edited by parmezanne; 3 weeks ago
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)
I've seen a lot of people saying it's a nazi dog whistle because of the "SS" flag
That is just 4chan seizing the means of outrage, they are very good at it.
Jordan Walk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by parmezanne)
it means someone is so straight they couldn't possibly be attracted to a trans person.

having preference isn't inherently transphobic, but creating a movement to specifically target trans people absolutely is.
Thanks.
I have absolutely no opinion on this whatsoever.
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
That is just 4chan seizing the means of outrage, they are very good at it.
4chan IS full of nazis...
Spoiler:
Show
Joking, if you couldn't tell. Not trying to argue a point.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)
4chan IS full of nazis...
Spoiler:
Show
Joking, if you couldn't tell. Not trying to argue a point.
Certain boards are but not all boards were created equally.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It originated on /pol/ and the acronym SS is deliberate
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
It originated on /pol/ and the acronym SS is deliberate
I am see conflicting reports on that, suggesting they just picked up on it and ran with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (60)
19.42%
Virtual accommodation tour (42)
13.59%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.18%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.97%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.56%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.65%
Speak to current students studying my course (63)
20.39%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.21%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.88%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.59%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.94%

Watched Threads