The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

MSc Data Science (Environmental Analytics) at The University of Manchester

Hi There!

I am an International student student interested in studying MSc Data Science in the UK. I have a few questions that I'd like you to share your opinion on,

1. I have offers from Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff and the University of Manchester for MSc Data Science (Academic Year: September 2021), How do these courses differ from the MSc Data Science (Environmental Analytics) at The University of Manchester?

2. How popular is the MSc Data Science (Environmental Analytics) at The University of Manchester?

3. Is it also true that Manchester is the next best city in the UK after London for Data Science Opportunities?

Please Advise.

It has been really difficult to find information or get in touch with graduates of MSc Data Science at UoM since they have tiny cohorts (comprising of 5-6 people as of 2020) for each of the 6 MSc Data Science courses

I have done a significant amount of research on all the courses at UoM, especially the MSc Data Science (Computer Science Data Informatics), and I'd gladly help out anyone getting started with it.

I also look forward to starting a group with those interested.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ArunLuke
Hi There!

I am an International student student interested in studying MSc Data Science in the UK. I have a few questions that I'd like you to share your opinion on,

1. I have offers from Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff and the University of Manchester for MSc Data Science (Academic Year: September 2021), How do these courses differ from the MSc Data Science (Environmental Analytics) at The University of Manchester?

2. How popular is the MSc Data Science (Environmental Analytics) at The University of Manchester?

3. Is it also true that Manchester is the next best city in the UK after London for Data Science Opportunities?

Please Advise.

It has been really difficult to find information or get in touch with graduates of MSc Data Science at UoM since they have tiny cohorts (comprising of 5-6 people as of 2020) for each of the 6 MSc Data Science courses

I have done a significant amount of research on all the courses at UoM, especially the MSc Data Science (Computer Science Data Informatics), and I'd gladly help out anyone getting started with it.

I also look forward to starting a group with those interested.

Hi,

I'd like to know which course and university you proceeded with finally and how was the experience? Was the Data Science masters only launched in 2020 at Manchester? I have been accepted into UoM's Data Science Program (Applied Urban Analytics) and have offers from Bristol, Leeds and Glasgow for Urban Data Science and Analytics. I am looking for a little advice as to which university to choose. Could someone please help me out?

I like both UoM and UoL.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending