The Student Room Group

Social Anxiety Thesis- Need help finding participants

Hello Everyone,

My name is Katelyn and I am a trainee counselling psychologist at London Metropolitan University and I am currently carrying out research to discover more about socially anxious university male students and their experience with disclosure among friendships.

Very little is known about males and social anxiety, even less is known about how self-disclosure can affect friendships. Impairment caused by Social Anxiety is very high. It is reported that between 10-16% of university students experience social anxiety and demand for mental health services is growing five to six times faster than university enrolment.

My hope is that by carrying out this research we will be able to gain a better understanding of how to inform therapeutic Interventions. By informing therapeutic interventions practitioners will be able to tailor these interventions more specifically to better meet the needs of the clients.

I am writing in the hope that you will be interested in helping me in this journey and share your experience as a university male and how social anxiety may affect your friendships by participating in a Skype interview. The interview would last approximately 1 hour and will be audio-recorded. Data from your interview will be used for my Doctoral level counselling psychology project.

If you have any queries or further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending