revision tips for lazy af people

Watch
the_icy_goldfish
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i hate revising and i procrastinate a lot, im pretty sure im allergic to studying. im not stupid so my grades arent terrible but i wanna get As so anyone got any tips?
also im in yr13 and doing alevels, i dont know when my grades will be decided but im trying to get most content covered in 5 weeks, i just dont know how (doing maths, physics, business)

thanks if you contributed otherwise i hope this threads helps other lazy people like me

Arden University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there,

Revising can be so dull at times, and I remember when I was in school and having to revise subjects that I wasn't completely interested in, it made it a lot harder to want to revise. Something that has really helped me over the years was having no distractions around me when I was revising as this was my biggest downfall. Not having my phone around me, or the television on in the background really helped to focus on the task at hand and not get distracted by other things. I also found that if I revised in an area that I did not associate with relaxing, such as my bedroom, helped me get in the right mindset to focus properly! Sometimes you really have to discipline yourself and put yourself in the right mindset to revise, even when you don't really want to!

Toni,
Arden University Student Ambassador
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I recommend bright colours and flashcards.
Username123455
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the_icy_goldfish)
i hate revising and i procrastinate a lot, im pretty sure im allergic to studying. im not stupid so my grades arent terrible but i wanna get As so anyone got any tips?
also im in yr13 and doing alevels, i dont know when my grades will be decided but im trying to get most content covered in 5 weeks, i just dont know how (doing maths, physics, business)

thanks if you contributed otherwise i hope this threads helps other lazy people like me
Sleep earlier! And make a revision schedule just a few months left, your hard work will pay off
NardDog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Go in with a positive mindset ( extremely difficult I know, but try to). Turn your phone off. Tell yourself you are just going to revise for 5 minutes and before you know it you will actually want to revise a bit.
the_icy_goldfish
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NardDog)
Go in with a positive mindset ( extremely difficult I know, but try to). Turn your phone off. Tell yourself you are just going to revise for 5 minutes and before you know it you will actually want to revise a bit.
Oooh I like this trick, thanks!
the_icy_goldfish
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Username123455)
Sleep earlier! And make a revision schedule just a few months left, your hard work will pay off
I have 6 weeks until my exams, do you think this is enough time?
Username123455
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have 6 weeks until my exams, do you think this is enough time?
You have to use your time very efficiently and do many practise papers/questions. Focus on your weakest subject. What time do you work the best? If this means waking up at 5am and sleeping earlier you can do that. Try do extra work and send to your teachers just to show you have been working hard if your exams dont go that well. Anyways you got this work hard and you will succeed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (80)
42.78%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.11%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed