mangamegs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Current year 2 student studying Graphic Communication Design at UAL Central Saint Martins looking to transfer to the Graphic Design course at Ravensbourne or the Ilustration & Visual Media course at UAL LCC. I’m not satisfied with my course at Saint Martins because it has nothing to do with graphic design nor do we get taught any technical skills. I don’t know why I’m there haha

I’ve heard Ravensbourne and LCC are more hands on in industry teaching. Is this true?

Also apparently Ravensbourne has far better societies
SBROOKS88
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mangamegs)
Current year 2 student studying Graphic Communication Design at UAL Central Saint Martins looking to transfer to the Graphic Design course at Ravensbourne or the Ilustration & Visual Media course at UAL LCC. I’m not satisfied with my course at Saint Martins because it has nothing to do with graphic design nor do we get taught any technical skills. I don’t know why I’m there haha

I’ve heard Ravensbourne and LCC are more hands on in industry teaching. Is this true?

Also apparently Ravensbourne has far better societies
I studied at UAL also, and I would say that the Illustration and Visual Media is an amazing course! The tutors are fantastic, and you get to work on real live briefs from the industry in your 2nd/3rd year. I cannot say much about Ravensbourne, but I also heard great things. It really will depend on what you want to do in your career, as UAL is great for connections, and projects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.94%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (10)
14.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
14.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.76%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
38.24%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.65%

Watched Threads