The Student Room Group

Feel Sad about Uni offers

Hi guys,
Im going to start off by saying that I am not showing, and I genuinely feel sad about this.

So ive got offers to study Maths, and ive firmed Cambridge and put Imperial as my insurance.

My friends have applied to Econ, Computer Science and Medicine and they are all awaiting decisions from their uni choices and A few of those unis are those that I have received offers from. Now I feel like a **** because I feel like ive played the system by applying to an easier course and getting into top unis. And It feels like trash being the only one with solid offers. Like I cant even talk to them how they feel, without them alluding to the fact that im in. a good position myself.

What should I do? Do I just not talk to them about universities at all/ future plans? Its a weird situation but I genuinely feel bad for them and somehow I feel like im at fault for it.
First, maths is definitely not an easy course. As someone who studies in the humanities, that is a monumental achievement that you should be very proud of. You have not 'played the system' per se, it's just because the admissions department for your courses are just moving faster than theirs.
It sounds like a useless argument, but all you can really do is wait. Celebrate their achievements but don't rub in the fact that you have offers already.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
Reply 2
Original post by barror1
First, maths is definitely not an easy course. As someone who studies in the humanities, that is a monumental achievement that you should be very proud of. You have not 'played the system' per se, it's just because the admissions department for your courses are just moving faster than theirs.
It sounds like a useless argument, but all you can really do is wait. Celebrate their achievements but don't rub in the fact that you have offers already.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Nah thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest