What's a game you didn't expect to enjoy but ended up liking?

Watch
tashfarri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
work with some talented artists but as hard as boyfriend and girlfriend having a squabble. ... Don't get the idea I don't like fights though, I know what book I'm reading! ... I think it's in you to beat them at the game, personally Greg Aubry Highland, ... Is Horridus just going to be a punching bag forever, or can we expect her
FatherTed_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd say LA Noire. Surprisingly, it is a good game set in the 1940s. You portray a character called Cole Phelps, who navigates his way through the crimes that take place in Los Angeles.
2003a39
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
PES 2021 Mobile, FIFA 16 was the last football game I played and it was so much worse than 14. So I wasn't expecting much from PES, the gameplay is slower and more realistic but it's still really enjoyable.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bomberman 64

I had no use for that game a long time, but the older I got, the more I realized the true value of the game. I thought about many times to sell the game, thank god that I never did!
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Rocket League
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FatherTed_)
I'd say LA Noire. Surprisingly, it is a good game set in the 1940s. You portray a character called Cole Phelps, who navigates his way through the crimes that take place in Los Angeles.
I was gonna say this exact game. LA Noire is a banger and a hidden gem. Wish Rockstar would develop a sequel.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Battleships
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mount and Blade: Warband
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tashfarri)
work with some talented artists but as hard as boyfriend and girlfriend having a squabble. ... Don't get the idea I don't like fights though, I know what book I'm reading! ... I think it's in you to beat them at the game, personally Greg Aubry Highland, ... Is Horridus just going to be a punching bag forever, or can we expect her
What are you even on about?
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Among Us because it seems like another kids' fad game like Roblox, Minecraft or Fortnite but it's actually like The Ship or the Assassin's Creed multiplayer, which I was good at. Granted it's not hard to outsmart the average child these days...
Yukikobestgirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Morrowind

I hated Skyrim but Morrowind kinda rules
Toasticide
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
God of War for ps4/5.
I normally play games that have minimal story aspects so was convinced I wouldn't be interested. Friend was like "first thing you have to do with ps5 game bundle thing is play God of War". Glad I trusted my friend!

Bruh waiting for ragnarok now...
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't know what the OP is on about, so I'll just answer the question as everyone else is! :laugh:

Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos took me a while to get into, as it's a bit older than the usual RPGs I played, and had clunkier controls. It was worth persevering with, though!
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Borderlands 1 + 2... I love that #claptrap humour
Darya.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Overwatch and Among Us stand out for me.

I didn't really expect to like Overwatch as I'm into more tactical FPS's like Siege for example, and I didn't think I'd like what looked like a no-strategy run-and-gun game, however I was pleasantly surprised!

I thought Among Us was more of a kid's game so didn't think I'd like it too much, but my friends were all playing and they asked me to join so I joined and I did really like it! I only liked it when I was playing with that group of friends though lol, I didn't with anyone else.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Final Fantasy 7

I originally only bought it because i was going to buy gran turismo (it had just gone platinum for £20), and there was a deal going on for 2 platinum games for £30 ...so i thought why not but it and see what all the hype was about.

pretty soon i was hooked and it was like my favourite game.

also puzzle quest on the psp.

a column's looking game merged into an rpg as the main battle system?!
it couldn't possibly work was my initial thoughts ......but damn it actually did. quite enjoyed it actually!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (113)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (345)
14.95%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (252)
10.92%
Lack of purpose or motivation (324)
14.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (104)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (135)
5.85%
Loneliness (199)
8.62%
Financial worries (87)
3.77%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (96)
4.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (112)
4.85%
Lack of real life entertainment (123)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (202)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (216)
9.36%

Watched Threads