goldsmiths or ual?

Watch this thread
kkatealex
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey i really need some help lol. i’ve got an offer for media and comms at goldsmiths and an offer from media and comms at LCC and i’m waiting to hear back from CSM about my offer for culture criticism and curation. i already live in london and i will be living in my own flat not in accom but i’m concerned about which uni is better for student experience - social wise and academics too. as i’m not gonna be in accom i really wanna go somewhere friendly tbh. if anyone could help at all i would appreciate it, any if anyone else is currently going through the goldsmiths vs ual decision feel free to come chat about it too as i feel your struggle.
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kkatealex)
hey i really need some help lol. i’ve got an offer for media and comms at goldsmiths and an offer from media and comms at LCC and i’m waiting to hear back from CSM about my offer for culture criticism and curation. i already live in london and i will be living in my own flat not in accom but i’m concerned about which uni is better for student experience - social wise and academics too. as i’m not gonna be in accom i really wanna go somewhere friendly tbh. if anyone could help at all i would appreciate it, any if anyone else is currently going through the goldsmiths vs ual decision feel free to come chat about it too as i feel your struggle.
Hey kkatealex,

Congratulations on getting offers for both Goldsmith and LCC and good luck with waiting to hear back from CSM.

As a student at CSM I can only speak of my own experience but I have found the environment at UAL friendly. I've made friends from my course and college as well as those I made at halls. UAL has lots of societies and clubs so I wouldn't be worried about not meeting people by not living in halls. I know quite a few people who live at home or with non-students and I feel like they can still make the most of the student experience. Once we are properly back on campus then there is a student bar at CSM and at LCC which you can go to as a UAL student. I like that we have access to the libraries on all the college campuses, because it means you can pop in to get books or go to study wherever you're nearest too. In terms of academia I have found my tutors to be helpful and feel like we have a lot of good guest lecturers and optional talks/seminar series we can attend.

At the end of the day it's about choosing which uni you feel would suit you best. If you have any specific questions about CSM then please do not hesitate to ask.

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
Vale-410
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kkatealex)
I am going through the same exact thing. I already have my Goldsmith offer, but I am still waiting to hear back from CSM for the CCC course. Its very nerve wracking since CSM is my top choice. I'll leave my insta if you ever need to talk about thing :/ @vale_410
kkatealex
Rep:
(Original post by Vale-410)
I am going through the same exact thing. I already have my Goldsmith offer, but I am still waiting to hear back from CSM for the CCC course. Its very nerve wracking since CSM is my top choice. I'll leave my insta if you ever need to talk about thing :/ @vale_410
hey angel! i know i’m really struggling right now, so you prefer CSM to Goldsmiths? i don’t know which one would be better to be honest, i already live near Goldsmiths and the people there seem a lot more chill (in london CSM students have a reputation of being very pretentious lol) but CSM is obviously one of the top art uni’s and the course is great. it’s so tricky, imma follow u on insta mine is @k.atestitt
sarahtind3ll
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I'm currently having the same issue. I've been accepted to Culture Criticism and Curation at CSM and Media and Communications/History of Art at Goldsmiths. I've finally made it to London to visit from the U.S. both schools, and I'm still completely stuck and can't seem to decide between the two. It seems that UAL is a bigger and more social and connected/engaged uni although CSM is isolated from the other UAL campuses. Goldsmiths seems a bit small for me but I really do love the facilities, the campus, and the broad program flexibility. I'm worried about the program at CSM being too specialized/narrow and limiting. I'm so indecisive...
CharlieBee123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m feeling the exact same way! I’ll be applying through clearing as a mature student (23) from London for both Uni’s. I’m currently studying Interior Design and part of me loves the sound of the Design BA At Goldsmiths.
I live near deptford and all the students in the area seem fun, pretty sure it’s a mix of Goldsmiths & Greenwich. I’m not too sure about the ual student life though! My insta is @charliebrinton would be lovely to connect!
kkatealex
Rep:
(Original post by sarahtind3ll)
Hey! I'm currently having the same issue. I've been accepted to Culture Criticism and Curation at CSM and Media and Communications/History of Art at Goldsmiths. I've finally made it to London to visit from the U.S. both schools, and I'm still completely stuck and can't seem to decide between the two. It seems that UAL is a bigger and more social and connected/engaged uni although CSM is isolated from the other UAL campuses. Goldsmiths seems a bit small for me but I really do love the facilities, the campus, and the broad program flexibility. I'm worried about the program at CSM being too specialized/narrow and limiting. I'm so indecisive...
hey lovely! it’s such a hard decision i know, after a lot of research and reflection i’m veering towards firming my place at central saint martins. both uni’s are fantastic however i live very close to goldsmiths and it’s just less connected and accepts a *lot* more students than csm which tends to make it seem less challenging. also i like the collaborative aspect of ual and csm in particular, its seems great that you can work on projects and meet other creative people within the uni. i do still think goldsmiths is a great university however generally i just think it lacks some of the ‘wow factor’ that csm has. please do feel free to drop me a message if you wanna chat privately or just to speak about the courses! my ig is @k.atestitt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.83%
They're exactly what I expected (68)
23.53%