Southampton Medicine (BM4 / BM5 / BM6) 2021 Offer Holders

Watch
jrooney1993
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
agree with this. I cycle between loving the pints & being a sworn teetotaller, so I’ve experienced the pain of being judged unduly for not drinking.

As much as I’m looking forward to having a few beers with my new BM4, BM5, BM6 colleagues I’ll be getting rounds for everyone regardless if it’s a double G&T or a Diet Coke. No pressure either way Shaky2017 😁
semb201
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shaky2017)
Anyone looking at private hall studios? I am tempted as I like my privacy and not a big drinker but am worried about isolating myself and never leaving one room ? If anyone has any experience with this it would be much appreciated
I've been looking at all possible accom. options too, including private studios, and that has also been my worry! I'm going to be a fair bit older than most people so just trying to find the best option :-)
Shaky2017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks guys I’m final year undergrad going to BM4. I think I might go for studio anyway as I’m quite sociable naturally and think if I want to meet people being in a studio won’t make a big difference, especially with how close nit they run the BM4.
jjbird93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shaky2017)
Anyone looking at private hall studios? I am tempted as I like my privacy and not a big drinker but am worried about isolating myself and never leaving one room ? If anyone has any experience with this it would be much appreciated
I was sober for one of my 4 years of uni to focus on sports and also just because I wanted to, and same as others have said, no one cared, and I still had a pretty fun and sociable year
fittolift
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think for grads its a lot less 'freshers' kind of vibes anyway. I run my own business and enjoy my own space so I'll buy a place! If I were you I'd maybe just try and ensure its shared accommodation with graduates?
medgelert
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucychapple)
I was thinking about sharing a house/flat with some other BM4 people. Anyone else thinking the same?
Would also be up for this!
jjbird93
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by medgelert)
Would also be up for this!
Our issue is we’re not allowed to link to groups or share personal details on TSR so we’re a bit stuck as to how to start organising anything within the rules haha
semb201
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jjbird93)
Our issue is we’re not allowed to link to groups or share personal details on TSR so we’re a bit stuck as to how to start organising anything within the rules haha
I was thinking this too. Do Southampton do anything before the course starts (even via Teams / Zoom) that would give us the opportunity to chat to each other?
jjbird93
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by semb201)
I was thinking this too. Do Southampton do anything before the course starts (even via Teams / Zoom) that would give us the opportunity to chat to each other?
This was my thought. i was hoping they'd send some sort of email once people had confirmed with links to an official group of some sort or a zoom meet and greet as you said
Jlingz22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jjbird93)
This was my thought. i was hoping they'd send some sort of email once people had confirmed with links to an official group of some sort or a zoom meet and greet as you said
There’s an accommodation teams meeting where we asked questions about accommodation and campus that you can book for this Friday
medgelert
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jlingz22)
There’s an accommodation teams meeting where we asked questions about accommodation and campus that you can book for this Friday
Was this in an email? I have the one about the "virtual accommodations week" but that ends today.
username5514784
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Who's thinking of putting Southampton as their firm?
I am because I was rejected from everywhere else haha
medgelert
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dr Suess)
Who's thinking of putting Southampton as their firm?
I am because I was rejected from everywhere else haha
Yes and same haha
Izzymitchell29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I received an offer for bm5 school leaver yesterday 😀 when did everyone get their confirmation emails from Southampton?
jamalam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Izzymitchell29)
I received an offer for bm5 school leaver yesterday 😀 when did everyone get their confirmation emails from Southampton?
same and 6pm today
emmab13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For the BM4 lot - I emailed asking about an Offer Holders Day and got a reply today saying we will get more information about one in April
Looking forward to meeting you all
jrooney1993
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For anyone considering buying a flat - what areas have you been looking?
fittolift
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m struggling with this! I looked at ocean village which was nice but so far out. Most of our teaching is at the hospital which isn’t in the city centre!
MattT14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
From what I understand buses are good in the city. Personally, I have been looking near the Cultural quater. Roughly 40 minute walk to both highfield and Southampton General so not the closest but I am thinking about getting a bike. Buses are another option and its a short walk to the central train station which I will use to get to the Winchester. I think Shirley is a good location if you want to be closer to the hospital and there is a bus that runs between the hospital and highfield quite regularly so being closer to one won't hurt. Either way, with lectures at both campuses and a day a week at Winchester there will be plenty of travel.
Last edited by MattT14; 3 weeks ago
Erinmillie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was made an offer for BM5 last Thursday, did anyone get any information about offer holder events?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (427)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (525)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (228)
5.98%
Loneliness (319)
8.37%
Financial worries (141)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (149)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (217)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (341)
8.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (358)
9.39%

Watched Threads