The Student Room Group

Very few people have perfected diet, try prove me wrong

I would argue that the less ultra processed foods one consumes, the healthier they are and the better we feel. Based on what I’ve discovered myself and research we all should be eating less and going without food for longer.

Recently I have been eating just soup and a couple of fruit items every morning and running, it’s honestly the best I’ve ever felt in life.

Anyone else developed enough to have interest/ experience similar?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some bold, general and dangerously indiscriminate claims you're making there, which seem to completely ignore that a person's dietary needs are dependant on many biological, medical and lifestyle factors.

Original post by Guy481
I would argue that the less ultra processed foods one consumes, the healthier they are

Not necessarily, but the sentiment that processed foods tend to be unhealthier than unprocessed or minimally-processed foods? Sure. Although that's not exactly untapped knowledge.

Original post by Guy481
we all should be eating less and going without food for longer.

Many people should probably be eating healthier and in greater moderation given that obesity is statistically a far greater problem in the UK than undernutrition. But no, not everyone should eat less - that would just be untrue and misleading. If a minimal diet really is working for you, and to no adverse effects, great, but nutrition isn't a one-size-fits-all kind of thing.

As for "perfecting" diet, no one has a "perfect" diet. Frankly, if you're in a position to be evaluating and taking liberties with what you eat, as many of us in this country fortunately are, then you're already in a pretty perfect position. Whilst it's important to make the most of that and maintain a balanced diet, a somewhat-condescending pursuit of the "perfect diet" is misplaced.
(edited 3 years ago)
A diet consisting solely of fruit and soup is a terrible diet.

That said, the perfect does diet not exist.
Original post by nzy
Some bold, general and dangerously indiscriminate claims you're making there, which seem to completely ignore that a person's dietary needs are dependant on many biological, medical and lifestyle factors.

Not necessarily, but the sentiment that processed foods tend to be unhealthier than unprocessed or minimally-processed foods? Sure. Although that's not exactly untapped knowledge.

Many people should probably be eating healthier and in greater moderation given that obesity is statistically a far greater problem in the UK than undernutrition. But no, not everyone should eat less - that would just be untrue and misleading. If a minimal diet really is working for you, and to no adverse effects, great, but nutrition isn't a one-size-fits-all kind of thing.

As for "perfecting" diet, no one has a "perfect" diet. Frankly, if you're in a position to be evaluating and taking liberties with what you eat, as many of us in this country fortunately are, then you're already in a pretty perfect position. Whilst it's important to make the most of that and maintain a balanced diet, a somewhat-condescending pursuit of the "perfect diet" is misplaced.

Well ****ing said my friend
Your soup and fruit diet is further away from perfect than those who eat ultra processed foods.
Reply 5
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Your soup and fruit diet is further away from perfect than those who eat ultra processed foods.

Do elaborate?
Reply 6
Original post by nzy

No, you are wrong

Do you have a six pack?
Original post by Guy481
No it’s a very nutritional diet actually you stupid ****

Keep If up for 6 months then
Reply 8
Original post by Guy481
No it’s a very nutritional diet actually you stupid ****

Are you getting enough protein?
Essential amino acids?

Also there is no need for the insult at the end.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Guy481
No, you are wrong

Do you have a six pack?

A six pack just shows your have certain muscles and a low body fat, nothing about your actual health.
Original post by Guy481
Do elaborate?

They have it much easier getting enough kcals and protein.
“Unicorns exist, prove me wrong”

It’s impossible to prove a negative.

You’re spouting horse**** though.
That's right.
Very few people have the perfect diet or ideal lifestyle.

Most people have limited resources in terms of: time, willpower, nutritional knowledge and financial resources.
Many people pander to their desire for cheap convenience food, fashionable diets/health supplements popular at their gym or tasty junk food.
Allergies, animal rights attitudes, busy work lives, diet culture, food snobbery, limited home cooking skills and other socio-cultural elements are also often an issue.
Reply 13
Original post by londonmyst
That's right.
Very few people have the perfect diet or ideal lifestyle.

Most people have limited resources in terms of: time, willpower, nutritional knowledge and financial resources.
Many people pander to their desire for cheap convenience food, fashionable diets/health supplements popular at their gym or tasty junk food.
Allergies, animal rights attitudes, busy work lives, diet culture, food snobbery, limited home cooking skills and other socio-cultural elements are also often an issue.

That’s what I thought, thanks for typing that out so I didn’t have to
Reply 14
Original post by Bio 7
Are you getting enough protein?
Essential amino acids?

Also there is no need for the insult at the end.

Supplemented with lentils and almonds, but I’m eating chicken anyway so yeah
Original post by Guy481
Supplemented with lentils and almonds, but I’m eating chicken anyway so yeah

Ah yes supplement with imperfect sources of protein nice.
Reply 16
Ah yes supplement with imperfect sources of protein nice.

Good job chicken has a full amino acid profile then :smile:

We are actually eating too much protein especially from animals, it is thought to have profound impacts on ageing
Original post by Guy481
Good job chicken has a full amino acid profile then :smile:

We are actually eating too much protein especially from animals, it is thought to have profound impacts on ageing

How much chicken you eat in a day then?

Oh really? Have a citation for that?
Reply 18
How much chicken you eat in a day then?

Oh really? Have a citation for that?

I do if you were worth getting it for

I don’t believe the government like you do

Have a nice day madam
Original post by Guy481
I would argue that the less ultra processed foods one consumes, the healthier they are and the better we feel. Based on what I’ve discovered myself and research we all should be eating less and going without food for longer.

Recently I have been eating just soup and a couple of fruit items every morning and running, it’s honestly the best I’ve ever felt in life.

Anyone else developed enough to have interest/ experience similar?

Sort of! Best step forward for me will be two steps back for someone else. It's all dependent on multiple factors. For breakfast I opt for toast with an egg or a bowl of cheerios. Lunch is usually a wholemeal banana and peanut butter wrap (odd combo but YUM) with and apple and a banana. Dinner is a mix of protein with veggies and a cheesecake pot for dessert if I'm still hungry. I exercise via toning in the evening and go running in the morning, too! I haven't noticed much difference stomach wise but my arms, butt, and legs are looking fly af lmao. But I feel better which is the most important thing. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest