Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Guy481)
I do if you were worth getting it for

I don’t believe the government like you do

Have a nice day madam
Good one, makes a claim and then doesn't prove it, blames it on 'MUH GOVERNMENT IS EVIL' and throws in an ad hominem.
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do if you were worth getting it for

I don’t believe the government like you do

Have a nice day madam
You sound like a conspiracy theorist

Most studies it in the world have come to the conclusion is that the inverse is true.
The very few studies that have linked protein to ageing have failed to explore other possible reasons for their findings such as the quality of the non-protein components of the people's diets or the amount of daily salt intake etc.
They've also failed to investigate multiple nationalities, normally only concentrating on one country. Correlation does not equate to causation even though some seem to think it does.

Also protein is essential for your body for various things such as making collagen, keratin and elastin. It's also critical in the creation and repair of muscle, bones and also brain tissue. All of these essential in PREVENTING, not causing ageing.
Additionally, enzymes are proteins and essential in digestion, energy production and clotting. Some proteins are also hormones and are responsible for things which as insulin and glucagon release, growth, fluid processing and cortisol (a mood hormone) control

Clearly, if your diet is as you say and you feel, to use your own words, the best you've ever felt in life then you're most likely suffering from at least a mild form of delirium caused by lack of sufficient intake, vitamins and minerals etc
Guy481
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MedicWil)
You sound like a conspiracy theorist

Most studies it in the world have come to the conclusion is that the inverse is true.
The very few studies that have linked protein to ageing have failed to explore other possible reasons for their findings such as the quality of the non-protein components of the people's diets or the amount of daily salt intake etc.
They've also failed to investigate multiple nationalities, normally only concentrating on one country. Correlation does not equate to causation even though some seem to think it does.

Also protein is essential for your body for various things such as making collagen, keratin and elastin. It's also critical in the creation and repair of muscle, bones and also brain tissue. All of these essential in PREVENTING, not causing ageing.
Additionally, enzymes are proteins and essential in digestion, energy production and clotting. Some proteins are also hormones and are responsible for things which as insulin and glucagon release, growth, fluid processing and cortisol (a mood hormone) control

Clearly, if your diet is as you say and you feel, to use your own words, the best you've ever felt in life then you're most likely suffering from at least a mild form of delirium caused by lack of sufficient intake, vitamins and minerals etc
Suffering from a lack of vitamins and minerals eating one of the most nutritional and bioavailable meals everyday? I don’t think so
Nutritionist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Suffering from a lack of vitamins and minerals eating one of the most nutritional and bioavailable meals everyday? I don’t think so
Are you calling soup “one of the most nutritional and bioavailable meals”?
Guy481
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nutritionist)
Are you calling soup “one of the most nutritional and bioavailable meals”?
If it has the right ingredients and is fresh made, absolutely

are you saying that a high quality, organic, fresh made vegetable soup is not nutritional or bioavailable?

Because that would be a very ******ed statement indeed

if you really have the guts tell me what you ate today
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it has the right ingredients and is fresh made, absolutely

are you saying that a high quality, organic, fresh made vegetable soup is not nutritional or bioavailable?

Because that would be a very ******ed statement indeed

if you really have the guts tell me what you ate today
Chicken and vegetable soup is a nutritious and micronutrient dense meal by itself, yes.

But if all you’re consuming is chicken and vegetable soup then that’s a **** diet. Where’s the fat in your diet? How will your hormones be regulated? How will you absorb fat-soluble vitamins? You claim to know what bioavailability is but lack the knowledge to understand the underpinning, synergistic physiological mechanisms that require a varied and balanced diet to be effective. You just throw around the word bioavailability without actually knowing what you’re talking about.

To answer your question, every food I ate today was: whole grain oats, skimmed milk, whey protein powder, apple, banana, pasta, beef mince, bell pepper, onion, carrot, tomato and chilli sauce, cream of rice, eggs, noodles, spinach, and a mini twister ice lolly.
Guy481
Rep:
?
Chicken and vegetable soup is a nutritious and micronutrient dense meal by itself, yes.

But if all you’re consuming is chicken and vegetable soup then that’s a **** diet. Where’s the fat in your diet? How will your hormones be regulated? How will you absorb fat-soluble vitamins? You claim to know what bioavailability is but lack the knowledge to understand the underpinning, synergistic physiological mechanisms that require a varied and balanced diet to be effective. You just throw around the word bioavailability without actually knowing what you’re talking about.

To answer your question, every food I ate today was: whole grain oats, skimmed milk, whey protein powder, apple, banana, pasta, beef mince, bell pepper, onion, carrot, tomato and chilli sauce, cream of rice, eggs, noodles, spinach, and a mini twister ice lolly.
Well fair play for telling me what you ate today,

But the processing of red meat is known to have an increased risk of cancer. And I’m interested in a book published by doctor William Davis that suggests that grains are responsible for the extreme amounts of overheating particularly in western countries: with natural chemicals in them that are as addictive as opioids.

Yes you’re right my diet may be low in fat, although I would pick up some good fats from almonds. I’m sure it’s a lot better and certainly a lot more cleaner (in terms of ultra processing and additives) than 99% of diets in the U.K. for example. It’s honestly just a phase diet I am trying so no point analysing it that much.

I would argue that eating something like an ice lolly even once a day is reckless from a nutritional aspect. The fructose in them has shown to feed harmful bacteria in the gut which disrupts brain chemistry and leads toward addiction to sugary snacks which I would argue are poison, one of the worst things you could consume apart from heroin and the like.

Although your diet is probably better than most especially if it is home cooked. I wonder how some of my work colleagues cope with one in particular weighing about 27 stone and consuming Mars bars for breakfast on the daily, and then usually a massive fast food feast for lunch AND dinner. It basically turns you into a sloth zombie and means you have to work harder at everything to achieve the same thing as anyone else. I truly believe we are what we eat. I would happily take a hit of cocaine or heroin from time to time rather than live the life of someone who constantly gorges on man made poison.

A lot of people might have dismay at my opinions, but I believe if we really want, the body will tell us exactly what is best. And that’s basically vegetables, some meat, a little bit of fruit and or nuts and organic if possible.

I also disagree with official standards on the caloric amount we should be eating. Humans are designed to evolve to their environment and we can certainly evolve to eat more but that doesn’t mean we should. It’s shocking just how little food we can easily survive on granted it is the right type of food, our bodies are more efficient, we feel better and live longer.

I’m not a nutritionist but yet I have no qualifications in playing guitar and I’m pretty good at that.
Guy481
Rep:
?

Bioavailability - my understanding is that it is ease of which nutrition is absorbed into the body, for example, some vitamins help other nutrients get absorbed into the body. In general the fermentation of vegetables increases bioavailability: it basically pre-digests food.

You can’t just say eating fresh whole food soup is not nutritional, that would be, well the opposite of the truth anyway
Guy481
Rep:
?

Also you have a lot of saturated fat in your diet, and probably trans fats as well. Ultra processed foods in general should be avoided and any nutritionist that eats them is a hypocrite and can not claim to have a genuine interest in nutrition

It’s kind of like working as an AA spokes person and drinking whiskey on the way home
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well fair play for telling me what you ate today,

But the processing of red meat is known to have an increased risk of cancer. And I’m interested in a book published by doctor William Davis that suggests that grains are responsible for the extreme amounts of overheating particularly in western countries: with natural chemicals in them that are as addictive as opioids.

Yes you’re right my diet may be low in fat, although I would pick up some good fats from almonds. I’m sure it’s a lot better and certainly a lot more cleaner (in terms of ultra processing and additives) than 99% of diets in the U.K. for example. It’s honestly just a phase diet I am trying so no point analysing it that much.

I would argue that eating something like an ice lolly even once a day is reckless from a nutritional aspect. The fructose in them has shown to feed harmful bacteria in the gut which disrupts brain chemistry and leads toward addiction to sugary snacks which I would argue are poison, one of the worst things you could consume apart from heroin and the like.

Although your diet is probably better than most especially if it is home cooked. I wonder how some of my work colleagues cope with one in particular weighing about 27 stone and consuming Mars bars for breakfast on the daily, and then usually a massive fast food feast for lunch AND dinner. It basically turns you into a sloth zombie and means you have to work harder at everything to achieve the same thing as anyone else. I truly believe we are what we eat. I would happily take a hit of cocaine or heroin from time to time rather than live the life of someone who constantly gorges on man made poison.

A lot of people might have dismay at my opinions, but I believe if we really want, the body will tell us exactly what is best. And that’s basically vegetables, some meat, a little bit of fruit and or nuts and organic if possible.

I also disagree with official standards on the caloric amount we should be eating. Humans are designed to evolve to their environment and we can certainly evolve to eat more but that doesn’t mean we should. It’s shocking just how little food we can easily survive on granted it is the right type of food, our bodies are more efficient, we feel better and live longer.

I’m not a nutritionist but yet I have no qualifications in playing guitar and I’m pretty good at that.
Did you seriously just compare a 38 calorie ice lolly to heroin?

There’s so much pseudoscience and debunked myths in here I don’t know where to start
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bioavailability - my understanding is that it is ease of which nutrition is absorbed into the body, for example, some vitamins help other nutrients get absorbed into the body. In general the fermentation of vegetables increases bioavailability: it basically pre-digests food.

You can’t just say eating fresh whole food soup is not nutritional, that would be, well the opposite of the truth anyway
You cannot absorb fat soluble vitamins without fat. It’s impossible.
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also you have a lot of saturated fat in your diet, and probably trans fats as well. Ultra processed foods in general should be avoided and any nutritionist that eats them is a hypocrite and can not claim to have a genuine interest in nutrition

It’s kind of like working as an AA spokes person and drinking whiskey on the way home
Could you tell me where exactly you think saturated fats are coming from? And trans fats are literally 0. So I’d be interested to see where you got that from

If I didn’t have a genuine interest in nutrition I wouldn’t have done a masters in it
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dax_Swagg3r you wanna shoot up some ice lollies later?
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dax_Swagg3r you wanna shoot up some ice lollies later?
Nah bro, the fructose is gonna give me fatty liver disease.
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dax_Swagg3r I can’t wait for my hit of porridge today. I get cold sweat and the shakes without my daily fix 🥄
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dax_Swagg3r I can’t wait for my hit of porridge today. I get cold sweat and the shakes without my daily fix 🥄
I'm gonna only eat 100kcals today BC my body is so efficient at extracting the energy it doesn't need to eat more.
Guy481
Rep:
?
Did you seriously just compare a 38 calorie ice lolly to heroin?

There’s so much pseudoscience and debunked myths in here I don’t know where to start
Yes I did
Guy481
Rep:
?
You would be much safer with a large organic apple
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You would be much safer with a large organic apple
Oh **** I forgot, the pesticides in my inorganic apple are gonna give me cancer. Also what happened to fructose 'disturbing brain chemistry'?
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
Oh **** I forgot, the pesticides in my inorganic apple are gonna give me cancer. Also what happened to fructose 'disturbing brain chemistry'?
Hahahahahahahaha this guy is supplying some great copy pasta’s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (546)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (418)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (514)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (185)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.39%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.5%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.41%

Watched Threads