MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-registering)

Watch
ivyclarke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Currently think of applying for 2021 entry. I want to see how everyone who is applying or has applied process is going?

What university you’ve applied/ applying too ?

Also any tips :

- Personal Statement
- Interview stage

Please feel free to share on this thread, as it can be useful to meet other applicants but all to help others with there application x
Last edited by ivyclarke; 4 months ago
MaRad4
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ivyclarke)
Currently think of applying for 2021 entry. I want to see how everyone who is applying or has applied process is going?

What university you’ve applied/ applying too ?

Also any tips :

- Personal Statement
- Interview stage

Please feel free to share on this thread, as it can be useful to meet other applicants but all to help others with there application x
Hey! I applied to Brunel, LSBU, Cardiff, Salford, and Brighton. Accepted to Brunel, LSBU, Brighton, and Cardiff. Do you know where you're going to apply?
mxna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MaRad4)
Hey! I applied to Brunel, LSBU, Cardiff, Salford, and Brighton. Accepted to Brunel, LSBU, Brighton, and Cardiff. Do you know where you're going to apply?
Hi I have applied to LSBU and have an interview soon. Could you please let me know what kind of questions came up and how long after you received an offer? Thank you!
MaRad4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mxna)
Hi I have applied to LSBU and have an interview soon. Could you please let me know what kind of questions came up and how long after you received an offer? Thank you!
Hey so my bad - got totally mixed. Haven't heard back from LSBU yet but no one has, with your interview invite they would have sent an FAQ which says when you'll hear.

I had the interview back in December so I've forgotten bits of the interview honestly. It was with one lecturer (mine was course lead) and one clinician. They asked the standard questions about what is OT, why do I want to be one, time I've worked in a group etc. They also asked one scenario question but this will be different for everyone - just think about it and answer as honestly as possible.

Sorry I can't be more help, it was just so many months ago that it is difficult to keep the interview events straight/

Good luck!
alanacalton
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, when did you hear from Cardiff!!
MaRad4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by alanacalton)
Hey, when did you hear from Cardiff!!
Couple weeks back? Applied in October so took them ages.
alanacalton
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Couple weeks back? Applied in October so took them ages.
Ah well congrats! I had my interview beginning of March, and they said they will let us know by March 31st! Just getting concerned this is going to be a no acceptance as it’s taking a while, and aware people have already got accepted
MaRad4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by alanacalton)
Ah well congrats! I had my interview beginning of March, and they said they will let us know by March 31st! Just getting concerned this is going to be a no acceptance as it’s taking a while, and aware people have already got accepted
Ah I wouldn’t worry! They will just doing it in batches, there will be spaces left easily.
ivyclarke
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Congratulations!
I was going to apply to Brunel, Brighton and Coventry. Also was going to apply to LSBU but they just closed application .... Can I ask if you had any prior “work experience” ?
MaRad4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ivyclarke)
Congratulations!
I was going to apply to Brunel, Brighton and Coventry. Also was going to apply to LSBU but they just closed application .... Can I ask if you had any prior “work experience” ?
I’ve been doing volunteer work with a charity since august. My experience is limited but I am still at uni, and the courses expect less work experience this year due to the pandemic.
EMAZ1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! I got an offer from Brunel and I am waiting to hear back from the others. Did you accept all your offers? I'm just confused as what happens if I want to cancel after the 14 day period..
MaRad4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by EMAZ1)
Hey! I got an offer from Brunel and I am waiting to hear back from the others. Did you accept all your offers? I'm just confused as what happens if I want to cancel after the 14 day period..
Hi, congrats on the offer! I declined the ones I definitely knew I didn’t want to go to, but accepted the ones I did. I reckon you can cancel after the 2 week period, but I think I read you need to supply a reason as to why you’re cancelling, and if you do it too near the start of the course there’s a fee. The other unis won’t know if you accept somewhere, so there’s no issue with that at postgrad.
April1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EMAZ1)
Congrats on the offer! When was your interview and how long after did they get back to you!?
Noraiya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!!! Is there any way I could contact you (my messages don’t work) I have so many questions about the application process!!!!
MaRad4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Noraiya)
Hi!!! Is there any way I could contact you (my messages don’t work) I have so many questions about the application process!!!!
I’ve just sent you a test message on here, let me know if you receive it
Noraiya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve just sent you a test message on here, let me know if you receive it
I’ve received it but I can’t send messages back could you pm your email maybe?
MaRad4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Noraiya)
I’ve received it but I can’t send messages back could you pm your email maybe?
I can PM my Whatsapp if you have that?
Noraiya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can PM my Whatsapp if you have that?
Yes please!
alanacalton
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone here on the pgdip occupational therapy course at Cardiff?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (12)
5.91%
Uncertainty around my education (23)
11.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (23)
11.33%
Lack of purpose or motivation (32)
15.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (13)
6.4%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.45%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (17)
8.37%
Financial worries (10)
4.93%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (6)
2.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (15)
7.39%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.96%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (24)
11.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (15)
7.39%

Watched Threads