The Student Room Group

MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-registering)

Currently think of applying for 2021 entry. I want to see how everyone who is applying or has applied process is going?

What university you’ve applied/ applying too ?

Also any tips :

- Personal Statement
- Interview stage

Please feel free to share on this thread, as it can be useful to meet other applicants but all to help others with there application x
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ivyclarke
Currently think of applying for 2021 entry. I want to see how everyone who is applying or has applied process is going?

What university you’ve applied/ applying too ?

Also any tips :

- Personal Statement
- Interview stage

Please feel free to share on this thread, as it can be useful to meet other applicants but all to help others with there application x

Hey! I applied to Brunel, LSBU, Cardiff, Salford, and Brighton. Accepted to Brunel, LSBU, Brighton, and Cardiff. Do you know where you're going to apply?
Reply 2
Original post by MaRad4
Hey! I applied to Brunel, LSBU, Cardiff, Salford, and Brighton. Accepted to Brunel, LSBU, Brighton, and Cardiff. Do you know where you're going to apply?

Hi I have applied to LSBU and have an interview soon. Could you please let me know what kind of questions came up and how long after you received an offer? Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by mxna
Hi I have applied to LSBU and have an interview soon. Could you please let me know what kind of questions came up and how long after you received an offer? Thank you!

Hey so my bad - got totally mixed. Haven't heard back from LSBU yet but no one has, with your interview invite they would have sent an FAQ which says when you'll hear.

I had the interview back in December so I've forgotten bits of the interview honestly. It was with one lecturer (mine was course lead) and one clinician. They asked the standard questions about what is OT, why do I want to be one, time I've worked in a group etc. They also asked one scenario question but this will be different for everyone - just think about it and answer as honestly as possible.

Sorry I can't be more help, it was just so many months ago that it is difficult to keep the interview events straight/

Good luck!
Original post by MaRad4

Hey, when did you hear from Cardiff!!
Reply 5
Original post by alanacalton
Hey, when did you hear from Cardiff!!

Couple weeks back? Applied in October so took them ages.
Original post by MaRad4
Couple weeks back? Applied in October so took them ages.

Ah well congrats! I had my interview beginning of March, and they said they will let us know by March 31st! Just getting concerned this is going to be a no acceptance as it’s taking a while, and aware people have already got accepted:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by alanacalton
Ah well congrats! I had my interview beginning of March, and they said they will let us know by March 31st! Just getting concerned this is going to be a no acceptance as it’s taking a while, and aware people have already got accepted:frown:

Ah I wouldn’t worry! They will just doing it in batches, there will be spaces left easily.
Reply 8
Original post by MaRad4

Congratulations!
I was going to apply to Brunel, Brighton and Coventry. Also was going to apply to LSBU but they just closed application .... Can I ask if you had any prior “work experience” ?
Reply 9
Original post by ivyclarke
Congratulations!
I was going to apply to Brunel, Brighton and Coventry. Also was going to apply to LSBU but they just closed application .... Can I ask if you had any prior “work experience” ?

I’ve been doing volunteer work with a charity since august. My experience is limited but I am still at uni, and the courses expect less work experience this year due to the pandemic.
Reply 10
Original post by MaRad4

Hey! I got an offer from Brunel and I am waiting to hear back from the others. Did you accept all your offers? I'm just confused as what happens if I want to cancel after the 14 day period..
Reply 11
Original post by EMAZ1
Hey! I got an offer from Brunel and I am waiting to hear back from the others. Did you accept all your offers? I'm just confused as what happens if I want to cancel after the 14 day period..

Hi, congrats on the offer! I declined the ones I definitely knew I didn’t want to go to, but accepted the ones I did. I reckon you can cancel after the 2 week period, but I think I read you need to supply a reason as to why you’re cancelling, and if you do it too near the start of the course there’s a fee. The other unis won’t know if you accept somewhere, so there’s no issue with that at postgrad.
Original post by EMAZ1

Congrats on the offer! When was your interview and how long after did they get back to you!?
Reply 13
Original post by MaRad4

Hi!!! Is there any way I could contact you (my messages don’t work) I have so many questions about the application process!!!!
Reply 14
Original post by Noraiya
Hi!!! Is there any way I could contact you (my messages don’t work) I have so many questions about the application process!!!!

I’ve just sent you a test message on here, let me know if you receive it
Reply 15
Original post by MaRad4
I’ve just sent you a test message on here, let me know if you receive it

I’ve received it but I can’t send messages back :frown: could you pm your email maybe?
Reply 16
Original post by Noraiya
I’ve received it but I can’t send messages back :frown: could you pm your email maybe?

I can PM my Whatsapp if you have that?
Reply 17
Original post by MaRad4
I can PM my Whatsapp if you have that?

Yes please!
Anyone here on the pgdip occupational therapy course at Cardiff?
Hey! I want to apply for Masters in occupational therapy too after a gap year (for health care work experience). I am doing BA Early childhood studies and I aim to get 2:1 (I got mostly 2:1 for my first year of studies), I also will be qualified as an early years graduate practitioner (level 6) by the end of my undergraduate studies. I am worried that although these are good qualifications, they wont be useful for occupational therapy which is why I want to take a gap year to enhance my skills (as my communication skills are not that great at the moment). I have decent GCSE grades (grades 5-8) but my a-levels were a bit disappointing, this was because I was not able to do my a-levels that year and it was based on mocks which I wasn't prepared for.

Do I have a good chance of still getting onto the course? I have no idea how competitive it is but I am very committed to getting on this course and I hope the universities will see that, any advise for this is appreciated! I still have time until I apply but I want to start preparing to maximise my chances of getting the place.

Quick Reply

Latest