Anyone studying at Lancaster University?

Watch
LuciusKen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I will be doing economics BA at Lancaster University starting this October, anyone studying at Lancaster University down to add me as a friend? I would love to get to know more about what it is like firsthand experience studying there, thanks
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LuciusKen)
Hey, I will be doing economics BA at Lancaster University starting this October, anyone studying at Lancaster University down to add me as a friend? I would love to get to know more about what it is like firsthand experience studying there, thanks
Greetings LuciusKen,

Congrats on your offer and becoming a Lancaster Student!
I am Iren and I am currently a 2nd-year student at Lancaster University. I would love to give you some insight into what being a Lancaster student is! Please do not hesitate and ask your questions, I will make sure to provide you with an honest and insightful answer.

Iren
Student Ambassador
LuciusKen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Greetings LuciusKen,

I am Iren and I am currently a 2nd-year student at Lancaster University. I would love to give you some insight into what being a Lancaster student is! Please do not hesitate and ask your questions, I will make sure to provide you with an honest and insightful answer.

Iren
Student Ambassador
Hello, sorry for my late reply, thank you!
What’s some must know tips for any student
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Greetings LuciusKen,

Iren
Student Ambassador
Hello, sorry for my late reply, thank you?
Would you say en suite accommodation or superior en suite is better choice?
Also is getting catered service a good decision?
My Instagram handle is @ken_poison, prefer to talk there if your okay with that.

Thanks

Lucius Ken
ipsabhatt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
got an offer for law hi
skifans
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

My Instagram handle is @ken_poison, prefer to talk there if your okay with that.

Thanks

Lucius Ken
Obviously everyone is different - there is no one answer to any of those questions:

en suite accommodation vs superior en suite - Personally I was in superior standard. My view is that the money for an ensuite wasn't needed and I'd choose the same again.

catered service - Personally I didn't and wouldn't bothered. It limits your options for colleges down quite a bit from memory. Many of these flats also don't have full kitchens so you you'll struggle to make small things when you want. I'd also consider being limited to the serving times unacceptable but may depend how bothered you are. Depending on how confident you feel now many practice at home over the summer?

must know tips for any student - I'm sure there are lots of generic blogs/videos about this online but I'll throw one out there specific to Lancaster. While your still 18 you can buy an "under 19 dayrider" on Stagecoach for £2.60. This is cheaper then the standard adult return fare of £3.10 and gives you a full day of travel rather then just the return journey. So always worth explicitly asking for it while you can!
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

Thanks

Lucius Ken
Greetings Lucius Ken,

I am glad you asked me these questions. Tips for any student depend on what type of person you are and how quickly you adapt to a new environment, but I can assure you that the University supports its students 24/7. I would advise you to make the most out of the University - whether that is to attend as many classes and as many extracurricular activities as you can. As a person who is an international student, I can assure you that most of the activities that Lancaster University provides, cannot be experienced everywhere. There are tons of workshops, societies, meetings, cinema nights, and things to do at Uni. Education is the most important fact, but don't stop yourself from enjoying a dance class, a stroll around the town, or hanging around with friends.

When it comes to accommodation - in my first year I was placed in a superior en suite, which is just a new en suite - it has new furniture. However, one of my friends was in a basic en suite, everything was fine and I really enjoyed going to her room. From what I have seen the superior en suite rooms are slightly smaller than the en suite. Also, there are 8 people sharing a kitchen in a superior en suite flat, while for the basic en suite - the kitchen is shared between 4 people.

In terms of being catered or not - this truly depends on the person. I wasn't catered in my first year and I enjoyed cooking for myself. There are a lot of places on the campus where you can buy cooked food such as pizza or go to the legendary Sultans. Ask yourself if you can and if you would want to cook for yourself almost every day and then you can decide on the catered option :cute:

I hope this helps you a bit.
If you have any other questions - I am at your disposal

Iren
Student Ambassador
bunkum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hi, I've got a conditional for Film and Creative Writing. No knowledge on uni study or experience but I guess I'm looking for friends also?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (196)
42.79%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (68)
14.85%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (186)
40.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.75%

Watched Threads