Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by scarlettstar6)
I ended up getting approved for KAAS without that number thingy :/ I defo did something wrong tho lol watch when they snatch back my KAAS
Well done, maybe they have changed the system as it would not allow us to submit until we put the student number in.
Where are you hoping to book?
scarlettstar6
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well done, maybe they have changed the system as it would not allow us to submit until we put the student number in.
Where are you hoping to book?
I got an email saying the portal thingy opens for me on the 20th of April, I’ll probably try and book then. Are the rooms released periodically or all at once do we know?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by scarlettstar6)
I got an email saying the portal thingy opens for me on the 20th of April, I’ll probably try and book then. Are the rooms released periodically or all at once do we know?
We watched the accodamation webinar a weeks ago and they mentioned they get released in waves.
Hopkins_45
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by emilie12321)
hi! does anyone have any advice for good accommodations near strand? i've seen some people suggest ssa but i haven't exactly heard glowing reviews about it other than its good location, so i was wondering if there are any better choices (i'm an international student so i don't qualify for kaas)
If you don't mind private housing, Urbanest Westminster Bridge has a very good facility (obviously with high price). You might look into that or you can look at Moonraker Point if you want one of the KCL residences.
emilie12321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hopkins_45)
If you don't mind private housing, Urbanest Westminster Bridge has a very good facility (obviously with high price). You might look into that or you can look at Moonraker Point if you want one of the KCL residences.
thank you! i don't mind private housing at all, but i just looked into those two places and their prices are a bit too high for me hahahah. thank you anyway!
Hopkins_45
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by emilie12321)
thank you! i don't mind private housing at all, but i just looked into those two places and their prices are a bit too high for me hahahah. thank you anyway!
They really are expensive. If you want to save some money, SSA refurbished ensuite rooms would be pretty good. I hope you find yourself a good accommodation
emilie12321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They really are expensive. If you want to save some money, SSA refurbished ensuite rooms would be pretty good. I hope you find yourself a good accommodation
yeah, hopefully i can snag them on the portal thank you!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 day ago
Hey! I'm guessing you're already past first year as you know so much! I'm going into second year and I unfortunately never got KCL residences which sucked, I'm trying again next year but if not I was wondering whether you know any good (affordable) private ones that are near Strand campus. Thanks
Hopkins_45
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey! I'm guessing you're already past first year as you know so much! I'm going into second year and I unfortunately never got KCL residences which sucked, I'm trying again next year but if not I was wondering whether you know any good (affordable) private ones that are near Strand campus. Thanks
I have once studied at King's (2020-21 as first year), but I am re-entering Imperial as a first year student for a different course.

Private accommodations tend to be more expensive. I'd say some big companies like Urbanest and IQ.
(I will assume that you meant you need to be able to walk from accommodation to campus)
But there are generally not so many private accommodations close to Strand campus.
Urbanest Westminster Bridge and IQ Paris Gardens are good, but they cost more than 320 pounds per week.
If you cannot afford any of those, I'd suggest looking for roommates to share private flats?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads