yourunclejohn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by altw)
Hi everyone congratulations on your offers!! I have an unconditional (achieved grades) and will probably be in Leeds next year I live pretty locally so if anyone wants to ask questions about Leeds bc u missed a proper open day I can try answer them! x
I've never visited Leeds - what's the city like?
bradleyellie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone got their actual required grades through yet?
uzima
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bradleyellie)
Has anyone got their actual required grades through yet?
Yeah got an unconditional and I’m on the A101 I had to resit in October cause of covid messing up our exams but very grateful for this opportunity I can’t wait for these months to pass quickly now
uzima
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are all the A101s gonna firm their choice, especially the unconditional ones, kinda want to know everyone who’ll be on the course
uzima
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yourunclejohn)
I live pretty local just need to get a 20 min train but personally I love the city so easy to navigate and it’s really pretty too. Plus we’ve got LGI and st James right here too. I bet that’s convenient for placements etc.
Danny6541
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uzima)
Are all the A101s gonna firm their choice, especially the unconditional ones, kinda want to know everyone who’ll be on the course
I reckon most people will if they’ve been active on here Leeds is amazing but I’m just curious about accommodation
uzima
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Danny6541)
I reckon most people will if they’ve been active on here Leeds is amazing but I’m just curious about accommodation
I’ll be commuting so don’t have to worry about that for now tbh. But I hope everything’s sorted corona wise by 22nd September really don’t want to do online studying after all this wait.
Danny6541
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uzima)
I’ll be commuting so don’t have to worry about that for now tbh. But I hope everything’s sorted corona wise by 22nd September really don’t want to do online studying after all this wait.
ikr i’ve hated being online I don’t want a repeat of this just sat in our rooms learning from online I want the full uni experience
uzima
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ikr i’ve hated being online I don’t want a repeat of this just sat in our rooms learning from online I want the full uni experience
Foh sho 100%
Knav
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The picking out accommodation is the best part 🤣 have a browse on the Leeds Uni website and see which one you can see yourself in. There’s an “all Leeds courses offer holders thread” that is super helpful in giving you more specific info )
Last edited by Knav; 1 month ago
Danny6541
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Knav)
The picking out accommodation is the best part 🤣 have a browse on the Leeds Uni website and see which one you can see yourself in. There’s an “all Leeds courses offer holders thread” that is super helpful in giving you more specific info )
White Rose view looks amazing but I feel like it’s gonna get booked up
sophie1032
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im 17 ( 18 in a few days) and got my offer today for Leeds A100 so excited as it's my top choice!
altw
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yourunclejohn)
One thing that I particularly like is that everything in the city centre is nearby- a lot of it is pedestrianised and most things (restaurants, clubs, gyms) are all within walking distance of a lot of the accommodation. Leeds is pretty diverse and super friendly, plus there’s nice parks and green spaces around too. The medical school is right by LGI and about 5 mins walk from the nearest accom x
DaisyReynolds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know what the closest accommodation for med students would be?
Danny6541
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DaisyReynolds)
does anyone know what the closest accommodation for med students would be?
I checked the website and it says the tannery is the closest one to Leeds General Infirmary
Grace.kw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I received an offer via email yesterday and am now just waiting to receive it through track so I can firm it. Congratulations to everyone else who has also received offers so far and good luck for the people on here still waiting!! I'm so excited!!
lilymilly20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I checked the website and it says the tannery is the closest one to Leeds General Infirmary
Someone I know stayed at tannery who does med and she said it was awfulll
DaisyReynolds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lilymilly20)
Someone I know stayed at tannery who does med and she said it was awfulll
The website says the Tannery is closest to LGI but its like a 25 minute walk from the Worsley building where I think we will have most teachings.
Knav
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think people who aren’t applying to med realise just how competitive and difficult it is to even get an interview, much less an offer. I told my theatre friend I got an offer for Leeds for med and they said “what is the offer? Like B and C?” 🙂
I was like “dude I sacrificed an arm and a leg for this” 😂
Last edited by Knav; 1 month ago
lilymilly20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Knav)
I don’t think people who aren’t applying to med realise just how competitive and difficult it is to even get an interview, much less an offer. I told my theatre friend I got an offer for Leeds for med and they said “what is the offer? Like B and C?” 🙂
I was like “dude I sacrificed an arm and a leg for this” 😂
OMG SAME THING HEREEE!! I work at mcdonalds part time and I was in work in the evening and they found out and were like congrats in getting into uni and then asked me why not oxford and i was like noooo the medicine part is the hardest ahhh so many blood sweat and tears lol and the took my picture ughhh maccies for you! But its a glow up from maccies worker to doctor tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (199)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (571)
14.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (443)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (541)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (196)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (236)
5.99%
Loneliness (331)
8.4%
Financial worries (145)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (154)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (178)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (221)
5.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (353)
8.96%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (371)
9.42%

Watched Threads