yourunclejohn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uzima)
I live pretty local just need to get a 20 min train but personally I love the city so easy to navigate and it’s really pretty too. Plus we’ve got LGI and st James right here too. I bet that’s convenient for placements etc.
thank youu!! i'm here stressing hahah
lilymilly20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yourunclejohn)
yeah also i dont think we need to necessarily stay close to the hospital
Yeahh I dont wanna go too far tho I imagine we may have some imperson teaching im stuck between cityside central village or tannery
yourunclejohn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lilymilly20)
Yeahh I dont wanna go too far tho I imagine we may have some imperson teaching im stuck between cityside central village or tannery
honesty central village and white rose are looking like the best options, they're new builds - i havent heard the best for tannery but the other two look good
Knav
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yourunclejohn)
honesty central village and white rose are looking like the best options, they're new builds - i havent heard the best for tannery but the other two look good
Central village has a reputation for being a bit boring but then again we would benefit from quietness so definitely not a bad option for medics )
1bobsally1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uzima)
I had to go through all that last year I got conditionals but then didn’t get the grades lol came a long way. Hopefully you GET THE GRADES YOU NEED!!!
So you got the offer but then didn't get the grades....when you re applied again did you just show them you got the grades or did u undergo the whole interview process again...including selection process, interview and bmat resit etc
Danny6541
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lilymilly20)
People who work with awkward customers unite lmao i love my mates at work but i hate the actual job lol
gangggg😂
Mae163
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do accommodation choices work do we put our top three picks or just one?
uzima
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1bobsally1)
So you got the offer but then didn't get the grades....when you re applied again did you just show them you got the grades or did u undergo the whole interview process again...including selection process, interview and bmat resit etc
Well with leeds I didn’t get an offer in the first place so had to resit bmat and redo the interview and everything but with hyms they basically told me I had to resit chem in October and since i got the grade they gave me an unconditional straight away without UCAT and interview after results day
lilymilly20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Danny6541)
gangggg😂
wuqydieqfb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi everyone, I got my offer on Wednesday! I'm going to be firming Leeds! I live nearby so will be commuting - anyone else? I've been to the campus a few times too, it's wonderful!
SophieB3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congratulations Everyone! I have an offer too I am a graduate student and am currently completing my masters at the Uni of Leeds so if anyone has any questions about campus etc. feel free to ask! Although I live near and commute as well so won't be able to help much with accommodation
lilymilly20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SophieB3004)
Congratulations Everyone! I have an offer too I am a graduate student and am currently completing my masters at the Uni of Leeds so if anyone has any questions about campus etc. feel free to ask! Although I live near and commute as well so won't be able to help much with accommodation
Awww nice Congrats too!!! Whats the food shopping like is there easy access to it? And what are the best parts of campus!! x
007Ruby007
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I just wanted to ask did you guys get the offer update through ucas track only or a personal email too? x

Congrats all!
Danny6541
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 007Ruby007)
Hi, I just wanted to ask did you guys get the offer update through ucas track only or a personal email too? x

Congrats all!
I just checked ucas and it hasn’t updated just yet
007Ruby007
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Danny6541)
I just checked ucas and it hasn’t updated just yet
congrats! so you got an email from Leeds?
lilymilly20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Congrats all!
Its a personal email saying congrats and track update will follow x
SophieB3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lilymilly20 From the accommodations I’m not 100% sure, there is a big Tesco express about 2 minute walk from Worsley building (where the med school is based) so anything you’re just wanting to pick up on the way home is pretty useful! Th me good thing about campus is that it is quite naturally spread out so has so many nice greeny areas to just sit! The union is really great as well, a few bars and cafes as well as a big co-op in there! The place I spent most of my time though was in Worsley, they have a huge cafe in there so spend most lunchtimes and free time in there and it’s useful because the health sciences library is in this building as well so it’s all in one place
Danny6541
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
congrats! so you got an email from Leeds?
yeah they sent an email saying I was successful and that I’ll receive an offer letter in due course
CuriousMedic79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bradleyellie)
Has anyone got their actual required grades through yet?
I have
Saniya.bhatt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyone thinking of putting down tannery?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (199)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (571)
14.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (443)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (541)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (196)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (236)
5.99%
Loneliness (331)
8.4%
Financial worries (145)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (154)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (178)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (221)
5.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (353)
8.96%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (371)
9.42%

Watched Threads