how much do you remember about the past 5 - 7 years of your life?

Watch
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
can you recall any specific events? what about stuff like your birthdays or christmas? or is everything a hazy blur and you can't recall ****, other than fragmented random, maybe not even real memories you can't really place?

just trying to see something, lol
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
I mostly remember traumatic things and some other random snippets of smaller events tbh, but my memory is messed up.
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I remember decent chunks with many specific events and occurrences.
Ciel.
Rep:
(Original post by Pathway)
I mostly remember traumatic things and some other random snippets of smaller events tbh, but my memory is messed up.
i can only remember random snippets too, it's so bizzare. is your sense of time really weird too? e.g. months feel like weeks, years feel like months

(Original post by DiddyDec)
I remember decent chunks with many specific events and occurrences.
that's not fair. :<
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Most of my memory is empty.. can remember specific events but not much. Specific events that I can remember are pretty hazy or short.
Pathway
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i can only remember random snippets too, it's so bizzare. is your sense of time really weird too? e.g. months feel like weeks, years feel like months

that's not fair. :<
Yeah, but I think it's dissociation related because of my CPTSD, if you get what I mean? Do you get disorientated with the time issues? I do.
username5398004
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I don't remember much. There's a few things here and there, but not much
Ciel.
Rep:
(Original post by Foxehh)
Most of my memory is empty.. can remember specific events but not much. Specific events that I can remember are pretty hazy or short.
are you on any medication, if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah, but I think it's dissociation related because of my CPTSD, if you get what I mean? Do you get disorientated with the time issues? I do.
yeah. i think in my case it's probably due to benzos too, maybe? i don't even remember my last year of uni. like, not at all. lol
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
I don't remember much. There's a few things here and there, but not much
thank god i'm not the only one
ohno223
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
i remember things from 12 years ago (im 16). it sucks sometimes
Pathway
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)

yeah. i think in my case it's probably due to benzos too, maybe? i don't even remember my last year of uni. like, not at all. lol

thank god i'm not the only one
Perhaps, yeah. Idk if my medication would impact my memory or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. My other health issues probably do too, especially insomnia and anorexia.
Ciel.
Rep:
(Original post by ohno223)
i remember things from 12 years ago (im 16). it sucks sometimes
i actually remember quite a lot from my childhood. the past couple of years are a blank tho
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I remember a good amount of it. Not much of the day to day stuff (although I do remember some) but events like birthdays, parties etc. Photos help to jog my memory too
username5129378
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
so strange aha i mentioned something similar on my thread yesterday. I feel like there's gaps in my childhood tht are shut off from my memory almost so i just don't remember much if anything..maybe it's the ptsd. I've suppressed things so much tht it's messed up my memory.
Ciel.
Rep:
Perhaps, yeah. Idk if my medication would impact my memory or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. My other health issues probably do too, especially insomnia and anorexia.
oh yeah, i think insomnia can definitely impact it too
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
I remember a good amount of it. Not much of the day to day stuff (although I do remember some) but events like birthdays, parties etc. Photos help to jog my memory too
nice 🙈
Ciel.
Rep:
(Original post by HS_1)
so strange aha i mentioned something similar on my thread yesterday. I feel like there's gaps in my childhood tht are shut off from my memory almost so i just don't remember much if anything..maybe it's the ptsd. I've suppressed things so much tht it's messed up my memory.
that's possible.. our minds can do all sorts of weird things i guess
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Yeah and thats probably a part of it.
Ciel.
Rep:
(Original post by Bruno Ford)
I recall being on a Princess Trust course five years ago, some of those events that happened during that course still haunt me to this day. Seven years ago, I was a completely different man.
that doesn't sound fun :<
Ciel.
Rep:
(Original post by Foxehh)
Yeah and thats probably a part of it.
same here. it kinda sucks but at the same time life would suck even more without it so.
Bruno Ford
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
that doesn't sound fun :<
You're not wrong, I have never been a very happy person.
doubleGs
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I remember not being in lockdown (ayyyyy). I can remember holidays I went on, specific things that happened in school, I can just about remember football results, I can remember that about 5 years ago all the old famous people seemed to be dying and Jeremy Clarkson got fired for punching a producer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.42%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.57%
No (81)
26.3%
I'm not sure (33)
10.71%

Watched Threads