The Student Room Group

Introduction

hello I'm Salma and I'm currently in the end of second term exams of Year 9. I have chosen my blocks temporarily not the final ones yet, so wanted to share and get some advise of what I should do.
First of I am Egyptian who lives in the Middle east. I go to a British school (obviously) and I was actually planning to go to American SAT but a month ago the Egyptian government has released a new disclaimer stating that SAT are now banned and no one will be accepted there so now I have to stay in IGCSEs.
I'm overwhelmed because I have heard many stories of people complaining that IGCSEs are very hard and you have to study all day and all night to get good grades so that is why I was changing to SAT in the first place. A while later I started watching YouTube videos of people saying that IGCSEs are not hard you just have to study.
moving on to what I chose: (keeping in mind that I want to be an engineer):
Block A: Biology -- Edexcel
Block B: Chemistry -- Edexcel
Block C: Arabic First Language (Compulsory for Egyptians) -- Cambridge
Block D: Physics -- Edexcel
Block E: so I wanted to choose DT but there wasn't so I was forced to choose Travel and Tourism but Thank god it is not the final blocks.
DT -- Cambridge
Travel and Tourism -- Cambridge
Block F: Computer Science -- Cambridge
Block G: Environmental Management -- Cambridge
I'm so stressing out and when should I start studying for them?
oh also any textbook suggestions for the subjects? and past papers?
Original post by Salma Shogaa
hello I'm Salma and I'm currently in the end of second term exams of Year 9. I have chosen my blocks temporarily not the final ones yet, so wanted to share and get some advise of what I should do.
First of I am Egyptian who lives in the Middle east. I go to a British school (obviously) and I was actually planning to go to American SAT but a month ago the Egyptian government has released a new disclaimer stating that SAT are now banned and no one will be accepted there so now I have to stay in IGCSEs.
I'm overwhelmed because I have heard many stories of people complaining that IGCSEs are very hard and you have to study all day and all night to get good grades so that is why I was changing to SAT in the first place. A while later I started watching YouTube videos of people saying that IGCSEs are not hard you just have to study.
moving on to what I chose: (keeping in mind that I want to be an engineer):
Block A: Biology -- Edexcel
Block B: Chemistry -- Edexcel
Block C: Arabic First Language (Compulsory for Egyptians) -- Cambridge
Block D: Physics -- Edexcel
Block E: so I wanted to choose DT but there wasn't so I was forced to choose Travel and Tourism but Thank god it is not the final blocks.
DT -- Cambridge
Travel and Tourism -- Cambridge
Block F: Computer Science -- Cambridge
Block G: Environmental Management -- Cambridge
I'm so stressing out and when should I start studying for them?
oh also any textbook suggestions for the subjects? and past papers?

Who said that igcses are harder. IGCSE is much easier than gcse
Original post by mickeyjarvis0123
Who said that igcses are harder. IGCSE is much easier than gcse

I'm sorry, I was talking about American Curriculum/Exams,,, SATs

Quick Reply

Latest