PAss? Watch

This discussion is closed.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
is it actually possible to pass a course without attending Lectures and 'lessons'?? (not that i'm planning on doing it )
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
is it actually possible to pass a course without attending Lectures and 'lessons'?? (not that i'm planning on doing it )
Some courses take registration at lectures and you need to have attended a minimum percentage of them to recieve any credit.
cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you are gonna do a lot of reading yes, at durham in chem to not get kicked out you have to go to labs and tutorials but lectures are optional.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's possible to pass uf you skip lectures, but you need to read stuff in your own time.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lectures are the foundations upon which a course is based. They introduce you to a subject area or concept and then expect you to build on that knowledge through reading and research.

They are not vital and in most universities are not compulsory. However I would tend to think that frequent non-attenders would be at a disadvantage. Having said that I know this to be true because when we have essays to do they are all frantically ringing their friends asking for help!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (809)
80.42%
Leave (197)
19.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed