ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Welcome to the University of Aberdeen A100 2021 Offer holders.

For general information click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...cine/index.php

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 weeks ago
shannonritchiex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello, I received a conditional offer today! Stuck between Aberdeen and St Andrews but swaying towards Aberdeen. Super excited to (potentially) meet you all.
njy13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shannonritchiex)
Hello, I received a conditional offer today! Stuck between Aberdeen and St Andrews but swaying towards Aberdeen. Super excited to (potentially) meet you all.
I got my offer today as well! i actually live in st andrews and my sister is at uni here so if you have any questions regarding the town, halls etc. feel free to send them my way
lmuir03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by njy13)
I got my offer today as well! i actually live in st andrews and my sister is at uni here so if you have any questions regarding the town, halls etc. feel free to send them my way
snap! haha i'm set on Aberdeen but living costs are swaying me to staying at home in Glasgow
studenttwo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shannonritchiex)
i'm the exact same , why you swaying aberdeen ?
ehcp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lmuir03)
snap! haha i'm set on Aberdeen but living costs are swaying me to staying at home in Glasgow
the living costs in Aberdeen are soo affordable once tour out of halls! especially now with everything going on there's a lot of empty flats and flats that have been reduced from already reasonable prices so would defo bear that in mind!
cm26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any grad offer holders? If so have you checked out funding and what are you planning?
lastlullabyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cm26)
Any grad offer holders? If so have you checked out funding and what are you planning?
I replied to you on the other Aberdeen thread
nodanm
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cm26)
If I'm not wrong we're eligible for maintenance loan but not for tuition fees until year 5? What are grads planning to do for accommodation? I'm thinking about student accommodation because don't wanna isolate myself in a new city
oreorollo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nodanm)
If I'm not wrong we're eligible for maintenance loan but not for tuition fees until year 5? What are grads planning to do for accommodation? I'm thinking about student accommodation because don't wanna isolate myself in a new city
Yeah, that's correct. We are eligible for a loan but not tuition fees for 4 of the 5 years. I was thinking about uni accommodation as well. I was looking into private halls but not sure about them. They look nicer. But at uni halls, the social aspect will probably be better. Have you already graduated or are you in your last year?
nodanm
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by oreorollo)
Yeah, that's correct. We are eligible for a loan but not tuition fees for 4 of the 5 years. I was thinking about uni accommodation as well. I was looking into private halls but not sure about them. They look nicer. But at uni halls, the social aspect will probably be better. Have you already graduated or are you in your last year?
Hey!
So I was looking at private accommodation too, they're closer to our campus and look much nicer + have all en-suites. But yeah it's the social aspect I'm worried about but then again, I'm not sure I can keep up with 18 year olds I've graduated already, how about you? And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
oreorollo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!
So I was looking at private accommodation too, they're closer to our campus and look much nicer + have all en-suites. But yeah it's the social aspect I'm worried about but then again, I'm not sure I can keep up with 18 year olds I've graduated already, how about you? And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
Hiya!
Hahaha, I'm feeling exactly the same. I really have no idea what to do about accommodation. I'm in my final year at Dundee uni. I'm 21 but I will be 22 by the time we start in September. What about you?
pyran123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey folks, grad offer holder going to be 23 in September. For those asking about halls, they are quite pricey however rent across the city is very reasonable. If anyone has any questions about Aberdeen fire away as I’ve done my undergraduate here
lastlullabyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I genuinely feel the oldest 😂😭🙈
bananas44
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lastlullabyy)
I genuinely feel the oldest 😂😭🙈
*wisest
nodanm
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by oreorollo)
Hiya!
Hahaha, I'm feeling exactly the same. I really have no idea what to do about accommodation. I'm in my final year at Dundee uni. I'm 21 but I will be 22 by the time we start in September. What about you?
I'm 24 haha. I think private halls look like a good compromise between social life and being close to uni. What is everyone else planning to do for accommodation?
Lauren566
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also a grad offer holder here! In my final year of neuroscience currently I'm swaying towards private rented flats at the moment but would be interested to know if in uni owned halls we would be put with other grad medics? Very much in agreement that I don't want to miss out on the social aspect but some sort of balance would be good!
nodanm
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lauren566)
Also a grad offer holder here! In my final year of neuroscience currently I'm swaying towards private rented flats at the moment but would be interested to know if in uni owned halls we would be put with other grad medics? Very much in agreement that I don't want to miss out on the social aspect but some sort of balance would be good!
If that was possible that'd be great but never heard of a uni doing that. Might be worth asking tho
Lauren566
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If that was possible that'd be great but never heard of a uni doing that. Might be worth asking tho
Will do some investigation into the norm for grad accommodation and let you know!
oreorollo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lauren566)
Hiya!
Sorry, I'm unable to reply to your private message because it says I haven't posted at least twice on a forum. I'm studying Anatomical Sciences I was looking into private rent also but I was worried about isolating myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (206)
42.83%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (74)
15.38%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (193)
40.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.66%

Watched Threads