amber0321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cm26)
I didn't get an email asking for qualifications but when I look at my offer on track and read the non- academic conditions it mentioned submitting evidence of your qualifications to [email protected] (I am a mature graduate applicant so already have my results for school and uni- that might make a difference).
Hi! Thanks for responding - it appears to just be graduate applicants who’ve been asked for this so far
Mehak1909
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are any of you considering applying to accommodations outside the university affiliated ones. Like there’s the meal market exchange from student roost with en-suite rooms for 99 per week
amber0321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mehak1909)
Are any of you considering applying to accommodations outside the university affiliated ones. Like there’s the meal market exchange from student roost with en-suite rooms for 99 per week
Yep! I’m mainly looking at mealmarket, the old fire station and ableven since they’re all en-suite for about £30 a week less than new Carnegie halls
Mehak1909
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by amber0321)
Yep! I’m mainly looking at mealmarket, the old fire station and ableven since they’re all en-suite for about £30 a week less than new Carnegie halls
That’s great. The only concern I had about picking accommodations that aren’t affiliated with the university were that I may not be able to meet many people from my course. It’s important as an international. But they seem to be so much more affordable !
amber0321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mehak1909)
That’s great. The only concern I had about picking accommodations that aren’t affiliated with the university were that I may not be able to meet many people from my course. It’s important as an international. But they seem to be so much more affordable !
I’m not too worried about it - a lot of first year students use private accommodation due to the price also, so I’m sure there will still be a few people on your course, although not necessarily in the same room
Mehak1909
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
[QUOTE=amber0321;
Last edited by Mehak1909; 3 weeks ago
Mehak1909
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by amber0321)
I’m not too worried about it - a lot of first year students use private accommodation due to the price also, so I’m sure there will still be a few people on your course, although not necessarily in the same room
That’s reassuring. I have no clue about any of this 😣
DrMonkey29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If we want to book accommodation with Aberdeen University in Hillhead student village, will we actually get our first choice or preferred accommodation as many of us will have conditional offers and can only apply for interest in accommodation before our conditions are met on results day and then after can we only officially get the accommodation we want. Just asking if there is any need to be worried that we won't get the accommodation that we want due to our conditional offers?
lastlullabyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So I actually got an offer from Glasgow on Thursday (still can't believe it!) and went ahead and firmed it. I put Aberdeen as my insurance although not sure why as I'm a grad with achieved degrees in 2016 and 2017, so my "conditional" from Glasgow is just formality tick box for documents. But anyway - enjoy your time at Aberdeen, if you decide to go there! It's an awesome course at a great uni - and Aberdeenshire itself is wonderful, I love going up there I think if I was younger/had no committments I'd have chosen Aberdeen over Glasgow - but over the moon with the outcome given the circumstances!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (551)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.94%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.38%

Watched Threads