The Student Room Group

Why are a lot of teens are into kpop?

Kpop teaches important messages and life lessons. Most teens don’t speak Korean but can read translations and there are some English words. Kpop idols are good dancers, good singers and have beautiful appearances. There are many old fans in their 60s and some as young as 7 or 8.
Reply 1
There's a very diverse fanbase for a lotta bands
Reply 2
Honestly, I am their target audience, and I still hold the same opinion as you.
Reply 3
Only the elite hold this same opinion.
their brains have not fully developed, so they behave strangely.
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
their brains have not fully developed, so they behave strangely.

Indeed.
Reply 6
Original post by dance 7
Kpop teaches important messages and life lessons. Most teens don’t speak Korean but can read translations and there are some English words. Kpop idols are good dancers, good singers and have beautiful appearances. There are many old fans in their 60s and some as young as 7 or 8.

i think they are rubbish they sound like girls
Reply 7
Original post by Kiaraxx
i think they are rubbish they sound like girls

They look like girls as well
Reply 8
Original post by nm12345
They look like girls as well

yea ikr there voices are so annoyin even the way they look
kpop hate thread :biggrin:. No, but really, a majority of the fan base is toxic- as in there is a higher percetage of toxic fans within a kpop fanbase then some other fan bases. That's what really pulls it down; I don't particularly enjoy kpop either lol
Original post by cleveranimal56
kpop hate thread :biggrin:. No, but really, a majority of the fan base is toxic- as in there is a higher percetage of toxic fans within a kpop fanbase then some other fan bases. That's what really pulls it down; I don't particularly enjoy kpop either lol

Yea, most kpop fans are just toxic asf - coming at antis just for breathing lmao
Original post by nm12345
Yea, most kpop fans are just toxic asf - coming at antis just for breathing lmao

the fans who like kpop are stupid asf
Original post by dance 7

Why is the majority of the fan base is toxic and angry?
K-pop is just a phase, before long it will lose mass popularity and only retain a niche audience as all genres have before it.
It's nothing special, just the current special thing.
I'm not a teen anymore, but I still like K-pop except for most of the newer groups as now they're just samey and over-saturated (imo). Then again I was introduced to it at a young age alongside J-pop and J-rock, and I still enjoy the music to this day.

I guess K-pop tends to be happy and upbeat with highly budgeted music videos, therefore most younger audiences feel happy consuming it.
Original post by dance 7

It is overrated.
Original post by dance 7

I hate kpop. Although I watch blackpink they are very good.
why are a lot of people into celebrities? BECAUSE WE LOOK UP TO THEM. THEY BOOST OUR CONFIDENCE EVERYDAY. LIKE. BRO. WHY DO YOU LOOK UP TO YOUR PARENTS?!!?!!? BECAUSE YOU LOOK UP TO THEM. (and if you don't like your parents then oh well.) WHY DO WE LOOK UP TO THEM??!! BECAUSE WE CARE. WE LOVE THEM. WE TRUST THEM. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER REASONS WHY WE'RE INTO THEM, BUT YOU DON'T DESERVE TO KNOW. This makes me so livid. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.
Why are old posts often pushed to the top of the discussion board?

Quick Reply

Latest