Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Which uni is a more enjoyable place to be, I’ve got offers from both Lancaster or Exeter however my Lancaster course is the one I’d prefer and more reputable but I’ve got in my head I won’t enjoy Lancaster I don’t really know why and I’d much rather go to Exeter. I feel it will be more on the boring side but I’m not really basing this off anything as I’ve never actually visited either.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which uni is a more enjoyable place to be, I’ve got offers from both Lancaster or Exeter however my Lancaster course is the one I’d prefer and more reputable but I’ve got in my head I won’t enjoy Lancaster I don’t really know why and I’d much rather go to Exeter. I feel it will be more on the boring side but I’m not really basing this off anything as I’ve never actually visited either.
Hi,

Congratulations on your offers! I am a current Student at Lancaster University so I thought I could share some of my experiences of my time at Lancaster to help you feel a little bit more informed. I cannot tell you which University would be more enjoyable because I haven't personally studied at Exeter but I would recommend you continue to consider all of your options and review the course outlines again to make sure you make the best decision for you!

I understand you have been unable to visit either university and therefore I would highly recommend you check out this virtual tour to give you a glimpse into Lancaster life: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/virtual-tour/. Maybe Exeter has something similar that you could view too.

From my personal experience, I have found being a Student at Lancaster far from boring. In fact, quite the opposite. There has been so much to get involved in on my course and through my college and wider University events. One of my highlights as a Student at Lancaster has been Extrav and Roses. These are two great events. Extrav is a series of events at the end of Summer Term. Each college hosts one around a certain theme and it is so fun! Roses is a sporting event against the University of York, in fact it is one of the largest inter-university sports tournaments in Europe. Everyone dresses in white or red clothing respective of their University and has fun.

On a day to day basis, there are plenty of facilities on campus and also in the city which is a 10/15 min bus ride from campus. From cinemas, theatres, bars, restaurants, museums etc there is lots to do. I love walking up and down the canal and also taking a trip to Morecambe to see the sea or even the Lake District which isn't too far away.

Please let me know if you would like to know any more about life at Lancaster, I would be happy to help. If not, I wish you the very best with your future studies .

Thanks,
Rebecca
Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (208)
42.89%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.46%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (194)
40%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.65%

Watched Threads