The Student Room Group

Cat 6 fraud marker filed by Lloyds Bank

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josh_morts
Hi, you got your name cleared earlier than the 6 years? Did you use a solicitor at all for help? That’s my next step. I think I’m going back to live in Sweden for a bit. Used to be a barber and a footballer out there and have a Swedish bank. Probably for the best till this is clear off my name in the UK.

Hi No I did it all alone, didn’t get a solicitor as I couldn’t afford one. It was placed on my name in 2017, I appealed it 3 times to Barclays directly and got declined, I appealed to CIFAS twice and was declined. I then went to the financial ombudsman twice and was successful on the second try in July 2020. 3 years later... Barclays also paid me £300 in damages as I was offered a job at Lloyds bank as a personal banker and my position was withdrawn due to the marker. Moral of the story.... don’t give up!
Original post by StriderHort
Opening it is one thing, keeping it it another entirely :/

Well it’s March and it’s still open, I have 3 jobs and one of my wages are paid into it... you don’t have all the answers mate, everyone’s case is different. This whole thread no one has offered the guy any help just pure negativity.
Reply 82
Original post by Myb.forty
Hi No I did it all alone, didn’t get a solicitor as I couldn’t afford one. It was placed on my name in 2017, I appealed it 3 times to Barclays directly and got declined, I appealed to CIFAS twice and was declined. I then went to the financial ombudsman twice and was successful on the second try in July 2020. 3 years later... Barclays also paid me £300 in damages as I was offered a job at Lloyds bank as a personal banker and my position was withdrawn due to the marker. Moral of the story.... don’t give up!

Fair play mate, luckily I can get a solicitor but I am on the next step about complaining to cifas now!
Well it’s March and it’s still open, I have 3 jobs and one of my wages are paid into it... you don’t have all the answers mate, everyone’s case is different. This whole thread no one has offered the guy any help just pure negativity.

Misleading people isn't a solution, but whatever.
Reply 84
You can open a bank account with Monzo or Starling

False.
I had a CIFAS category 6 marker on my name in June 2020. Opened an account with Monzo.

It's now changed for new applicants. Catering to known fraudsters wasn't a good image as far as the shareholders were concerned.
Original post by IWMTom
False.

It's now changed for new applicants. Catering to known fraudsters wasn't a good image as far as the shareholders were concerned.

Is they a way for me to check if I have a cifas marker on my name? Because I checked on cifas and they have no information or data about on it so I’m confused.
Is they a way to check if I have a cifas marker on my name is because I checked cifas and they have no info on cifas about me
Reply 87
Original post by Phillip101
Is they a way for me to check if I have a cifas marker on my name? Because I checked on cifas and they have no information or data about on it so I’m confused.

Submit a DSAR to CIFAS.
Reply 88
The thing is I’m not actually a fraudster

Actually, you are, because you allowed your account to be used for money laundering. Why would anyone want to pay money into your account and then get you to withdraw it? Even your client asking the question should have rung alarm bells; you should have been thinking 'this is a strange request, asking their hairdresser to cash a cheque; why would they do this, haven't they got a bank account?'
Original post by IWMTom
Submit a DSAR to CIFAS.

I did and theys no data about me on the system
Is that good?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by Phillip101
I did and theys no data about me on the system
Is that good?

Yes.
I was issued with a cat 6 fraud marker on my name and have been told this last 6 years. What is the best thing to do as I feel as if I’ve been scammed and then thrown of the face of the earth being unable to open any sort of account to put my wages in. I have 3 sources of income and have no where to be paid now (currently using my mums bank account) doing something for a so called friend has left me bankless for 6 years and I really don’t understand why the price I have to pay is 6 years. My whole life is going to pass me by with no bank account, I don’t understand the need to stop someone getting money for 6 years for something they thought was the right & helpful thing to do. Any suggestions? As long as I can put all my money back into my own account and start getting paid I really don’t care. I’ll have to wait out for another 5 years (I’ll only be 26 with no current account😂)

Best thing to do is get a prepaid card or go to a credit union I was 23 when I got my cifas marker in 2019 it would come of in 2025 when im nearly 30 😂😂😂
What’s the account your using boss?
Original post by Tonytone
What’s the account your using boss?

My mums mostly lol

Quick Reply

Latest