The Student Room Group

Student accommodation

Should I stay in university run or private halls? Is there a difference really in the people that live there. Ive finally decided I’m going to Newcastle after not be sure with other options. There could be students from the 2 different university in private halls but that doesn’t bother me.

The university en suits are around £130 to £140 a week but I can get a private accommodation en-suite for £95. Is the extra money worth it. do you get the same experience from both?
mixed-university accommodation is generally less sociable

i was also under the impression that university managed halls are cheaper, have better support and would be much more practical because they're closer to/on campus
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
mixed-university accommodation is generally less sociable

i was also under the impression that university managed halls are cheaper, have better support and would be much more practical because they're closer to/on campus

The distance is pretty much the same but the private ones are definitely cheaper (at least in Newcastle anyway) Newcastle and Northumbria which are the two unis are practically the same uni anyway so will that make the accommodation less sociable?

Quick Reply

Latest