Opinions on fitbit?

Watch
RG250
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm planning on getting a Fitbit Inspire 2 when I next get paid! As everyone at my work has a fitbit and love it and there all recommending it to me constantly and they do seem very cool and it would be better for me to track stuff get a bit healthier! Anyway not the point!

I was just wondering before I buy this fit bit next month people's opinions on it? I don't want to waste £80 on it for nothing.

Thank youuu
C1rse
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I replied similarly somewhere else:

My standard Fitbit Inspire is very accurate on walking distances and step count. I would recommend the Strava app for running / cycling distance tracking though in areas with good GPS.
Its sleep tracking is pretty ok – not very precise, but it does a good job of displaying the points at which you're restless or awake.
Its automatic exercise tracking is decent enough.
As a budget option Fitbit is excellent to be honest, waterproofing is nice to have at its price-point.
If you want to go for a wrist watch style for HR then I'd steer clear of Fitbit on that respect, given what my runner friends have said. Otherwise I'd recommend the Polar chest-strap one.
With that being said, the Fitbit Inspire 2 should perform better in all those areas than the old one!

I hope this helps!
Last edited by C1rse; 1 month ago
RG250
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by C1rse)
I replied similarly somewhere else:

My standard Fitbit Inspire is very accurate on walking distances and step count. I would recommend the Strava app for running / cycling distance tracking though in areas with good GPS.
Its sleep tracking is pretty ok – not very precise, but it does a good job of displaying the points at which you're restless or awake.
Its automatic exercise tracking is decent enough.
As a budget option Fitbit is excellent to be honest, waterproofing is nice to have at its price-point.
If you want to go for a wrist watch style for HR then I'd steer clear of Fitbit on that respect, given what my runner friends have said. Otherwise I'd recommend the Polar chest-strap one.
With that being said, the Fitbit Inspire 2 should perform better in all those areas than the old one!

I hope this helps!
Thank you so much! This massively helps I'm definitely going to order it next month
C1rse
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RG250)
Thank you so much! This massively helps I'm definitely going to order it next month
I’m glad to have helped! Good luck, I hope it works well for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (186)
5.03%
Uncertainty around my education (541)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (411)
11.12%
Lack of purpose or motivation (509)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (183)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
6%
Loneliness (312)
8.44%
Financial worries (136)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (167)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (209)
5.65%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (330)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (346)
9.36%

Watched Threads