The Student Room Group

ICL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jpree34
Hi Ben ,
Does imperial grade students on their A levels ,
Achieved grades A*- Chem A - maths A- bio and A-EPQ. Will they be disadvantaged with someone with A*A*A* achieved/ predicted ? Or is it BMAT that gets the Interview?

Hi there,

This is Ben again from Imperial. In terms of A-levels, the only thing that is important is that you meet the minimum entry requirements for the course. In terms of Medicine, this is as follows:

Our minimum entry standard for 2022 entry is AAA overall, to include:
A in Biology
A in Chemistry
A in a third subject

However, please note that 80% of offers tend to be A*AA but the actual minimum entry requirements to apply for the course are AAA.
Therefore, it does not matter if someone has A*AA or A*A*A* as they both exceed the minimum entry requirements so therefore an interview would be offered based on BMAT scores and your personal statement.

I hope this helps! Further information can be found here:
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/#entry-requirements

Best wishes,

Ben
Original post by Waroxity
For anyone who got in ICL med for 2021 entry, if you don’t mind could u please share your bmat scores as apparently the cut off for imperial was quite high for 2021 entry.

Hi there,

I'm Ben and I'm a 5th Year Medical student at Imperial and an official rep. The cut offs for BMAT for 2021 entry were as follows:

Home candidates: Candidates were required to score a minimum of 3.5 in Section 1 and Section 2, with the sum score in these two Sections being at least 10.9. They were required to score a minimum of 2.5C in Section 3.

For 2021 Entry, OS/EU candidates: Candidates were required to score a minimum of 4.0 in Section 1 and Section 2, with the sum of scores in these two Sections being at least 13.3. They were required to score a minimum of 3C in Section 3.

I hope this helps but please note that this varies each year and will depend on the BMAT scores of people that applied to Imperial.

Best wishes,

Ben
Original post by Waroxity
Hi. Does imperial require the A* to be in either chemistry or bio. Or can it be in any subject e.g maths?

Hi there,

I'm Ben and I'm a 5th Year Medical Student at Imperial and an official rep. The typical offer is A*AA with the A* commonly having to be in either Biology or Chemistry as a condition of the offer. However, some people get offers of AAA so it can be very variable.

In conclusion, it is dependent on the offer they give you but from my experience, it commonly has to be in either Biology or Chemistry.

Best wishes,

Ben
Original post by Imperial students
Hi there,

I'm Ben and I'm a 5th Year Medical student at Imperial and an official rep. The cut offs for BMAT for 2021 entry were as follows:

Home candidates: Candidates were required to score a minimum of 3.5 in Section 1 and Section 2, with the sum score in these two Sections being at least 10.9. They were required to score a minimum of 2.5C in Section 3.

For 2021 Entry, OS/EU candidates: Candidates were required to score a minimum of 4.0 in Section 1 and Section 2, with the sum of scores in these two Sections being at least 13.3. They were required to score a minimum of 3C in Section 3.

I hope this helps but please note that this varies each year and will depend on the BMAT scores of people that applied to Imperial.

Best wishes,

Ben

Thanks for confirming this Ben :smile:
Just wondering if you have any information about the number of spaces for A100 Imperial is planning to offer, and the number of places likely held for deferrals/people sitting autumn or summer 2021 exams after missing out on results day? Simply out of interest :biggrin:
Reply 344
Does anyone know how the Freshers week will look like this year? Would it be just Med school or all ICL students? I tried to book some socials from email we got from ICL student union, but majority of them are fully booked already. :frown::frown:
Please tell me I am not going to be the one sitting in my room on Freshers week....
Original post by Nannn
Does anyone know how the Freshers week will look like this year? Would it be just Med school or all ICL students? I tried to book some socials from email we got from ICL student union, but majority of them are fully booked already. :frown::frown:
Please tell me I am not going to be the one sitting in my room on Freshers week....

There is 2 weeks of totally seperate ICSM freshers - you can either buy the passport to all events or buy at the door.
AFAIK you can usually try to buy tickets on the door for most Freshers events too but we didn't have it last year so not 100% sure how it all works!
Reply 346
Thank you :smile:Do you know by any chance how to find where I can buy ICMS passport for the events? I didn't get any emails about it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Nannn
Thank you :smile:Do you know by any chance how to find where I can buy ICMS passport for the events? I didn't get any emails about it.

I think they have been advertised on social media and suchlike...? The main ICSM website is here https://www.icsmsu.com and you can always drop them an email. You should get a freshers pack in the post soon too.
Original post by Nannn

Hi!
I’m Anudi, a student rep for Imperial.
I don’t study medicine so unfortunately I don’t know how the ICSM events work, but as the other posts mentioned, do contact them via social media/email to find out how you can get yourself the event passport!

Let me know if guy have any further questions!
Reply 349
Has anyone received their accommodation today?
Original post by Nannn
Has anyone received their accommodation today?

I received mine yesterday, kemp porter. Does anyone know if you can break the fees into multiple instalments?
Hey guys, I’ve got an en-suite Beit room - would anyone in either Eastside or Southside accommodations be interested in a swap? I just found I unfortunately won’t be allowed to stay here due to personal reasons. I know it’s probably a long shot :smile: thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 352
Original post by Imperial students
Hi there,

I'm Ben and I'm a 5th year Medical Student at Imperial and an official rep. From my experience, I got my accommodation choices around September time, however, I know that this is very variable. The best person to contact is the accommodation team, their email address can be found here:
[email protected]

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,

Ben

I think I'm not going to get any accommodation , start in 2 weeks - can you suggest any places to look so I'm not 'on my own' - thank you
Reply 353
Original post by CCosmo
I think I'm not going to get any accommodation , start in 2 weeks - can you suggest any places to look so I'm not 'on my own' - thank you

Please check with the accommodation office as they have just added a few more halls to the previously advertised list.Hope you find one soon.Good luck
Reply 354
Hi,
Have you been able to pick the arrivals slot during the induction.I didn't get any prompts. Is there a glitch in the system? After completing the induction an automatic invitation letter was generated which doesn't have any arrivals date or time.I have just emailed the accommodation team.Dis any one encounter a similar problem? Thanks
Reply 355
Original post by bask
Hi,
Have you been able to pick the arrivals slot during the induction.I didn't get any prompts. Is there a glitch in the system? After completing the induction an automatic invitation letter was generated which doesn't have any arrivals date or time.I have just emailed the accommodation team.Dis any one encounter a similar problem? Thanks

Yeah almost everyone had the same issue, just email them with whatever slot you want and they’ll email you back (might take some time though bc everyone’s emailing)
Reply 356
Original post by food29
Yeah almost everyone had the same issue, just email them with whatever slot you want and they’ll email you back (might take some time though bc everyone’s emailing)

Thanks. I called them and they were really good-sorted it straightaway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending