Tay101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Which job can I apply for after my BSc psychology to get some experience in my degree?
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there,

A psychology degree opens up a variety of opportunities, both in job and career progression. As you obtain a variety of skills, the limits you may have are endless. I am not sure how you are looking to progress with your degree, but any area in psychology requires experience in that area. Different areas would involve different forms of experience. There are a variety of psychology graduate programmes you may want to look into, but many employers who look for psychology graduates include care workers, nursing assistants, and educational assistants. A lot of psychological experience is provided on a voluntary basis, which may be a good start to ensuring a paid job in the future.
This may give you a little more information: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...ree/psychology
Also, just having a little look on job sites searching on Psychology may give you an idea of who may employ you with your chosen degree!

Toni,
Arden University Student Ambassador
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Tay101)
Which job can I apply for after my BSc psychology to get some experience in my degree?
Hi there

I am a second year Psychology student here at Surrey. Hopefully I can give you some valuable information to help you think about jobs after your degree.

Firstly, is there anything you would like to go into? This may help give you an idea of what types of jobs to look for. Such as I am wanting to go into corporate job within Psychology so this consists of recruitment, marketing, HR etc. Whereas you may be interested in clinical psychologist and therefore may look into working in hospitals, or mental health teams etc. So if you did have a broad idea of what you would be interested in that would definitely help.

But as Psychology is so broad, so many jobs can apply to it. https://www.topuniversities.com/stud...chology-degree

Please see the link above to have a brief look into the common career paths that people go down. As Toni said, looking on job sites and searching up Psychology jobs may give you an idea of the different roles out there

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Becca
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Consider your skillset firstly

Sectors and industries

Care homes
Schools
Hospitals
Social services
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads