Denmark will limit the number of 'non-Western' residents in neighbourhoods to 30%

Watch
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yeetouttawindow)
don’t integrate, don’t learn the language, reject local customs, force their culture on others, live in inward communities consisting of people like themselves, use their medical care, send money back home, unemployed, entitled.. ‘British expats’ they call themselves. Why not break these up too?
I mean, its a stupid point because you can't excuse a negative action by pointing to another. As your mum would say 'Two wrongs don't make a right', but if I answer it seriously -

Because in general, British expats are on average wealthier than the local populations they migrate to, and with a few exceptions (Spain most notably) congregate in much smaller numbers, and generally go to places that are culturally and linguistically similar. 4 of the 5 places with the most British expat are English speaking nations, and only 1 of the top 10 is none of: in Europe, majority white, or English speaking (India).

It's the same reason why you don't hear British people complaining about Belgian migrants. There aren't many of them... They are pretty culturally similar to us even without any efforts at integration... and they are generally pretty wealthy and contribute far more than they take out.
Djtoodles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
In what way are they incompatible? After all, say what you want about how hard islam and western liberal socieities clash but that doesnt mean every single person from an islamic country/background ipso facto subscribes to the incompatible aspect does it?

As to the city comment, this is an observation as old as time itself. Be it ancient Rome, Persepolis or whichever. People have always migrated and settled in different countries. Purporting it to be a problem, let alone a modern one, seems somewhat dishonest.
The incompatibility lies with Islam itself. As with any religion there is range of adherence which is what really determines an individual’s compatibility. So, no not all Muslims are incompatible with western society because not all Muslims hold a fundamentalist view but I would wager those individuals don’t stick out like a white suit to a funeral and are not part of these enclaves.

Whether enclaves are actually a problem really depends on several things but off the top; base culture, size, commonality with host culture and the image that culture has in the host nation. Given a culture far removed from the host culture, and in this its chalk and cheese, creating enclaves does nothing to help integration and does nothing to help image or acceptance.

Personally, I also think it goes against the whole point of emigrating and just generally think enclaves are a bad idea regardless. At a model level I also think this kind of “salad plate” multiculturalism actually creates divides and problems and this is only exacerbated when the host and guest cultures are so far apart. Enclaves are just a really obvious product of it.
-Imperator-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can understand why people might object to this kind of racial discrimination, but I think it may well turn out to be hugely beneficial. Policies that promote the integration of immigrant populations are hugely important. They would go a long way to resolving racial tensions here in the UK.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Djtoodles)
Personally, I also think it goes against the whole point of emigrating and just generally think enclaves are a bad idea regardless.
For the immigrants themselves, as much as anyone else. As you say, it goes against the point of emigrating. A tragic irony is that the enclaves drift towards the very conditions the migrants fled.

This is not an attack on multiculturalism in itself; many distinct cultures have thrived alongside each other in the West and made it a cosmopolitan beacon. It's about finding the limits of toleration for certain cultures and ideologies (be it Islamism or communism or whatever) that subvert the very system keeping it all together.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
^ As an aside: the enemy within, populism, is currently the greatest danger to the system. Seeking to turn liberal democracies into thirding world shitholes.

The West has a lot on its plate.
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Djtoodles)
The incompatibility lies with Islam itself. As with any religion there is range of adherence which is what really determines an individual’s compatibility. So, no not all Muslims are incompatible with western society because not all Muslims hold a fundamentalist view but I would wager those individuals don’t stick out like a white suit to a funeral and are not part of these enclaves.

Whether enclaves are actually a problem really depends on several things but off the top; base culture, size, commonality with host culture and the image that culture has in the host nation. Given a culture far removed from the host culture, and in this its chalk and cheese, creating enclaves does nothing to help integration and does nothing to help image or acceptance.

Personally, I also think it goes against the whole point of emigrating and just generally think enclaves are a bad idea regardless. At a model level I also think this kind of “salad plate” multiculturalism actually creates divides and problems and this is only exacerbated when the host and guest cultures are so far apart. Enclaves are just a really obvious product of it.
Islam is incompatible with Western secular liberal democracies??!!

Naaaaah!!

Islam is a perfect religion!!! There is nothing more perfect than Islam, it's beauty and wisdom, and the literal word of God here on Earth, the Quran!!
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In 2-3 generations the Muslim immigrants will integrate into our liberal culture. They will soon start abandoning their old ways of life for Netflix, McDonald's, Tinder and Globalism.(abandoning religion, culture, tradition for consumerist materialism and nihilism)

Eventually everyone in the world can just be passive consumers of products and propoganda for megs corporations and Special interests. The only arguments in society will be why do some people get more products than other people which will never be sated and will be artificially controlled by the elite against which ever group attempts to break away from this system.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Islam is incompatible with Western secular liberal democracies??!!

Naaaaah!!

Islam is a perfect religion!!! There is nothing more perfect than Islam, it's beauty and wisdom, and the literal word of God here on Earth, the Quran!!
In America people from mainly Muslim countries integrate well they go onto higher education and do little crime. That could be because of America immigration system letting in mainly highly educated better off people from mainly Muslim countries.

Have a look at the social class education level on those non-Western people they are most likely to come form poor backgrounds in a non-Western country.
Last edited by looloo2134; 4 weeks ago
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
In America people from mainly Muslim countries integrate well they go onto higher education and do little crime. That could be because of America immigration system letting in mainly highly educated better off people from mainly Muslim countries.

Have a look at the social class education level on those non-Western people they are most likely to come form poor backgrounds in a non-Western country.
Meanwhile in a small town not so far away called Batley ......
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
Meanwhile in a small town not so far away called Batley ......
Had the misfortune of living there as a child. Still, an improvement on Dewsbury (a town that produces an average of one terrorist suspect a year) or Bradford (a city where as many as 1000 are estimated to have left for ISIS).
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Had the misfortune of living there as a child. Still, an improvement on Dewsbury (a town that produces an average of one terrorist suspect a year) or Bradford (a city where as many as 1000 are estimated to have left for ISIS).
Well well well...
First of all, hello my right wing Brexiteer friend.

Did you just say Dewsbury?!?! A lot of memories my Brexiteer friend... Most Dewsburians voted for Brexit by the way...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Well well well...
First of all, hello my right wing Brexiteer friend.

Did you just say Dewsbury?!?! A lot of memories my Brexiteer friend... Most Dewsburians voted for Brexit by the way...
I worked in Dewsbury for a while and my parents did the main shop there. A horrid place and symbol of post war decline (a rich town which had 3 train stations now full of white commuters, no local business and a lot of immigrants - hence why brexit support is high).
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I worked in Dewsbury for a while and my parents did the main shop there. A horrid place and symbol of post war decline (a rich town which had 3 train stations now full of white commuters, no local business and a lot of immigrants - hence why brexit support is high).
It is definitely true that Dewsbury is a super shithole. Everyone accepts it and most locals are proud of their little town...which by the way used to be a fantastic place long time ago.

Nearby Leeds however is the best city in England. Best memories!
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Had the misfortune of living there as a child. Still, an improvement on Dewsbury (very diverse and tolerant ) or Bradford (a Vibrant and anti racist community ).
Fixed that for you 😉
Genaro_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't see the problem. This is about self preservation of a country, it's people, it's culture, and it's history. Also it will be interesting to see how crime rates reflect upon this decision.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
Fixed that for you 😉
I don't object on what you said.
However these places are shitholes. Bradford is one of the shitiest towns in the planet not just the UK.
HucktheForde
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In 2-3 generations the Muslim immigrants will integrate into our liberal culture. They will soon start abandoning their old ways of life for Netflix, McDonald's, Tinder and Globalism.(abandoning religion, culture, tradition for consumerist materialism and nihilism)

Eventually everyone in the world can just be passive consumers of products and propoganda for megs corporations and Special interests. The only arguments in society will be why do some people get more products than other people which will never be sated and will be artificially controlled by the elite against which ever group attempts to break away from this system.
2-3 generations is 150 years at least. if the current immigration rate maintains there would be so many muslims that the liberal culture will integrate into islamic culture instead of the other way round
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fixed that for you 😉
Dewsbury...tolerant...yes that is apparent from recent events :rolleyes:
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
2-3 generations is 150 years at least. if the current immigration rate maintains there would be so many muslims that the liberal culture will integrate into islamic culture instead of the other way round
I doubt it will come to that. Our elites will find some other area to import cheap labour from.

But if it doesn't I for one welcome our new Islamic Overlords insha'Allah!

Or alternatively, our glorious Chinese Communist Overlords!
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Genaro_)
I don't see the problem. This is about self preservation of a country, it's people, it's culture, and it's history. Also it will be interesting to see how crime rates reflect upon this decision.
Do they still capture them by demographic slices, or are they one of those countries which doesn't like what they reveal?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads