The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for uni 2021?

I dropped out after my first week of uni last year for a number of reasons, including being too far from home and the covid situation. I contacted a uni closer to home to see if there were still places available for clearing, there were spaces however for some reason it wouldn't let me apply through ucas, I think it was because I was already tied to a different institution.
I now think I'm ready to have a go at uni and I am considering applying for Wolverhampton but is it too late to apply for this year? If not, do I need to make a new UCAS account to apply? Do I need teacher references?
I would really appreciate any advice or tips from anyone who has been through this or knows the UCAS system better than I do
Original post by l.eah2
I dropped out after my first week of uni last year for a number of reasons, including being too far from home and the covid situation. I contacted a uni closer to home to see if there were still places available for clearing, there were spaces however for some reason it wouldn't let me apply through ucas, I think it was because I was already tied to a different institution.
I now think I'm ready to have a go at uni and I am considering applying for Wolverhampton but is it too late to apply for this year? If not, do I need to make a new UCAS account to apply? Do I need teacher references?
I would really appreciate any advice or tips from anyone who has been through this or knows the UCAS system better than I do

No it's not too late
Yes you need a new UCAS 2021 Apply account
Yes you need a reference as part of your application so start getting in touch with your old teachers about whether they can provide you with a reference again and how they want you to do that (you can apply as an individual and then change that later if they want you to add a buzzword)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
No it's not too late
Yes you need a new UCAS 2021 Apply account
Yes you need a reference as part of your application so start getting in touch with your old teachers about whether they can provide you with a reference again and how they want you to do that (you can apply as an individual and then change that later if they want you to add a buzzword)

Great, thank you for your help!
hey! i know i’m super late but i decided a month ago i wanted to go and i’ve been offered a place already. i hope you managed to get your application in and everything is going well!
Reply 4
Original post by dynajimin
hey! i know i’m super late but i decided a month ago i wanted to go and i’ve been offered a place already. i hope you managed to get your application in and everything is going well!

hi! thank you so much, I put my application in and i've been offered a place :smile: All the best to you on your uni journey!!
I applied two weeks ago and received two offers (University of Liverpool and University of Nottingham) so far. So no, it's not too late :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending