Oxford Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies Applicants 2021

Watch
rkcg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I just thought I would start a new thread for WGSS applicants as we are passing the 10 week period today and I guess many of us are really anxious lol and we could update any news we hear from the department here
Erinsbf
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, same anxiety here. It's not for me though - I've been checking gradcafe & student room & Oxford portal for days for my girlfriend. Still have an upload button, no results yet for WGSS!
Last edited by Erinsbf; 4 weeks ago
moolieolie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think the chance that we will hear on Friday is sooo tiny... I don’t understand what’s going on with Admissions Office this year
rkcg
Rep:
?
Yeah I think this week will go by without any answers unfortunately Have you applied anywhere else?
moolieolie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Cambridge and UCL only))
And u?
rkcg
Rep:
?
Just Cambridge. I have an offer from their Multi-Disciplinary Gender Studies program but Oxford would be my first choice
elifb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi!! Thank you for opening this thread. Is there anybody here that wrote to the admission office about when should we expect to hear?
nnmgn
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I called, but they haven’t called me back yet! I saw someone on the postgrad thread saying that they emailed around a week ago, and that the admission office had said that they expected to inform us by mid March... haven’t seen or heard anything yet though
elifb
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nnmgn)
I called, but they haven’t called me back yet! I saw someone on the postgrad thread saying that they emailed around a week ago, and that the admission office had said that they expected to inform us by mid March... haven’t seen or heard anything yet though
I am super anxious at this point cause I have no idea on whether my application was good or not!!!Thank you for sharing it Oh and wish you all good luck with the applications
rkcg
Rep:
?
I just got an email about 20 minutes ago saying that I've been put on a waiting list... Disappointed but there is still hope. Although it makes me really frustrated that the wait will continue lol. I guess it means they made a decision about everybody's application already, they just haven't released them yet.
nnmgn
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rkcg)
I just got an email about 20 minutes ago saying that I've been put on a waiting list... Disappointed but there is still hope. Although it makes me really frustrated that the wait will continue lol. I guess it means they made a decision about everybody's application already, they just haven't released them yet.
I am so sorry you have to wait more, but it’s not over until it’s over! I’ll be hoping for you 💕 it means they obviously liked you... when did you apply?
rkcg
Rep:
?
(Original post by nnmgn)
I am so sorry you have to wait more, but it’s not over until it’s over! I’ll be hoping for you 💕 it means they obviously liked you... when did you apply?
I applied by the January deadline sometime in November. Wishing you better luck!!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
nnmgn
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my portal doesn't let me upload documents anymore! I think it's coming...... terrifying
proudsmiler1123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anybody think they will release their decision by Friday? Like before 17:00?
SavoyTruffle
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My upload button disappeared. Think we'll hear soon!
proudsmiler1123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SavoyTruffle)
My upload button disappeared. Think we'll hear soon!
Mine has disappeared too!
Erinsbf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
same here - the upload button disappeared. The terrifying story begins!
moolieolie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rkcg)
Just Cambridge. I have an offer from their Multi-Disciplinary Gender Studies program but Oxford would be my first choice
I’ve applied to the same programme at Cambridge)
However, Cam is my first choice)))
sophiegraace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Gosh, thank you for making this thread! Hoping we will receive decisions soon 🤞🏼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (208)
42.98%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (74)
15.29%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (194)
40.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.65%

Watched Threads