University Application 2022

Watch this thread
mrj2
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently in my 1st year of a levels, AS. I was wondering when i should apply for university for 2022. My school's system is a bit different as we will have only Maths AS exams this year (probably predicted because of no physical exams). My other subjects, Chem, Bio, Math (p3 and p6, A2 papers only for maths) will all be taken together next year so il be sitting for 12 papers at once, meaning AS and A2 all in 1 year. Before that i dont think il be getting any predicted grades so please do give me some advice. Im also aiming for a scholarship . I do cie and il sit for my exams in may 2022. Thank you
To give a better idea for the papers that il sit for
2021: Maths AS only, p1 and p4
2022: Chem and bio all 5 papers which includes AS and A2 stuff.
Maths A2 only, so p3 and p6 (total 12)
CatiCollector
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I’m currently in year 13 and thought I’d be perfect to give some advice to you!

Just thought I’d let you know that the deadline for applying to ucas is usually around 15 January, however this year due to all the disruption it was pushed back to the 29 Jan, so you’ve got plenty of time to apply for university.

Now for my main point honestly don’t worry about the fact that you might only have predicted grades for AS maths and the fact that your school are only doing 1 AS; my college doesn’t do AS Level so we only have our A Level predicted grades on our UCAS application anyway, it isn’t a problem as lots of people at my college secure places at Oxford/Cambridge and nearly all get offered places at Russel groups just based on our A Level predicted grades.

One thing I would say though is, you’ve still got agessss before the UCAS deadline and whilst I recommend getting it in earlier then the deadline (say before end of November as that was my colleges internal deadline for UCAS) but you really don’t need to apply now. I’d wait until September/October time before applying (just check to make sure though if you’re planning on studying medicine/dentistry or any course at Oxford/Cambridge as those deadlines for UCAS are usually mid-October).

You said you wanted to get a scholarship, I’ve not been offered one but I’d say work right now, focus on your maths and make sure you get a great predicted grade so that in the summer on results day you get an amazing AS grade to put on UCAS. But also don’t neglect chemistry so still keep that going but maybe focus more so on the maths so you have a good AS grade on UCAS to wow the universities, then over summer holidays make sure you write an amazing personal statement for your uni application. This will help you get called for an interview if you really stand out. Then obviously be yourself in the interview and be bubbly, motivated, committed etc on the interview whether it be an online interview or an in person one. Who knows what it will be like by the end of this year...

Anyway good luck! I’ve probably written a lot but it’s not too much I don’t think, I believe in you and you will succeed! Don’t worry
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mrj2)
I am currently in my 1st year of a levels, AS. I was wondering when i should apply for university for 2022. My school's system is a bit different as we will have only Maths AS exams this year (probably predicted because of no physical exams). My other subjects, Chem, Bio, Math (p3 and p6, A2 papers only for maths) will all be taken together next year so il be sitting for 12 papers at once, meaning AS and A2 all in 1 year. Before that i dont think il be getting any predicted grades so please do give me some advice. Im also aiming for a scholarship . I do cie and il sit for my exams in may 2022. Thank you
To give a better idea for the papers that il sit for
2021: Maths AS only, p1 and p4
2022: Chem and bio all 5 papers which includes AS and A2 stuff.
Maths A2 only, so p3 and p6 (total 12)
Hi

Most A-Level exams nowadays are taken only in the final year- so this is extremely common and won't impact your uni application! It's a nationwide thing with the exam boards

Usually applications for Uni open around November/December of the year before you are due to start, and close around mid January. In your case this would be open from Nov/Dec 2021 and close Jan 2022. Your teachers will write references for you based on your performance throughout your A-level courses and will then make predictions for your UCAS application.

Try not to worry about this! There will be lots of guidance when the time comes around
If you have any questions, let me know!
Sian- UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (72)
18.8%
The paper was reasonable (145)
37.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
28.72%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
14.62%

Watched Threads