The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Application On Hold

I applied for English at Bristol for this year and at the end of February my application got put on hold. Does anyone have any kind of idea as to how much longer my application will be on hold for?

It's nearing the end of March which seems to be the latest a lot of Universities respond to most people, but how big a possibility is it that I could really be waiting until mid May?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I'm on hold too - for Psych and Neuroscience. Frustrating.
veterinary medicine gang lol. Pretty sure I will be rejected tho as they seem to have given out most of their offers
Reply 4
Original post by ellaxjonez
veterinary medicine gang lol. Pretty sure I will be rejected tho as they seem to have given out most of their offers

Any idea how many places they have/how many offers they give out? Do you have offers from anywhere else? I know vet med is really competitive!
Original post by Treetop
Any idea how many places they have/how many offers they give out? Do you have offers from anywhere else? I know vet med is really competitive!

I think they have given out around 6/7 batches of offers so its not looking too promising but I do have an offer from Surrey which is amazing and yes it really is so competitive! what about you, have u had other offers?
I think they have given out around 6/7 batches of offers so its not looking too promising but I do have an offer from Surrey which is amazing and yes it really is so competitive! what about you, have u had other offers?

Hi!

It's great to hear you have received an offer for Surrey :smile:

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni in general, I can help answer them for you Also if you would like to see Surrey from a student's perspective every week then please follow our Instagram page: SurreyStudent

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
Reply 7

Aha, good you have an offer. Getting any offer for vet med is amazing! Especially this year.

I have offers from my other 4 Unis, but Bristol is my favourite. I've not heard of anyone with a Psych and Neuro offer and I don't think there are many places available. It's quite a new course so hard to know.

My bf has already firmed and chosen his accommodation (not Bristol) and I still have no idea where I might be going!
Reply 8
Original post by Treetop

omg me too!! I applied in October & im still on hold, finally someone else!!
I applied in Jan for law and I’m still waiting for notts, Bristol and Warwick. It’s pretty scary but hey no reply still is positive news
Original post by Treetop
Aha, good you have an offer. Getting any offer for vet med is amazing! Especially this year.

I have offers from my other 4 Unis, but Bristol is my favourite. I've not heard of anyone with a Psych and Neuro offer and I don't think there are many places available. It's quite a new course so hard to know.

My bf has already firmed and chosen his accommodation (not Bristol) and I still have no idea where I might be going!

Thats so good, well done! and I know how you feel, mine has had pretty much all his offers and its been less than a month!
Original post by mcvinod22
I applied in Jan for law and I’m still waiting for notts, Bristol and Warwick. It’s pretty scary but hey no reply still is positive news

it’s so annoying !! I’ve had all my other offers, St. Andrews took forever they only replied last week and rejected me lol, but Bristol is my top choice and they still haven’t replied !! Have they said you’re on hold, or just not said anything?
Original post by troymetz
it’s so annoying !! I’ve had all my other offers, St. Andrews took forever they only replied last week and rejected me lol, but Bristol is my top choice and they still haven’t replied !! Have they said you’re on hold, or just not said anything?

They’ve said I am on hold yeah. Kinda not fun lmaooo
Reply 13
omg me too!! I applied in October & im still on hold, finally someone else!!

Yeah, I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else that has applied for Psych and Neuro. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Treetop
Yeah, I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else that has applied for Psych and Neuro. Where else have you applied?

yeah I keep seeing people for psych or neuroscience but not the joint course!! I applied to Manchester & kings for psych & neuroscience got offers, & then Exeter & St. Andrews just for psych, got an offer from Exeter & rejected from st Andrews lol, if I don’t get into Bristol, Kings is my second choice! Where did you apply!
Reply 15
yeah I keep seeing people for psych or neuroscience but not the joint course!! I applied to Manchester & kings for psych & neuroscience got offers, & then Exeter & St. Andrews just for psych, got an offer from Exeter & rejected from st Andrews lol, if I don’t get into Bristol, Kings is my second choice! Where did you apply!

Getting an offer from Kings is immense - they have a great rep for Psych. Manchester and Exeter are high ranking too. Hopefully Bristol will be a yes for you. St Andrews is tiny, so much be v hard to get into.

I have got offers from York, Nottingham, Royal Holloway and Cardiff. The integrated Masters at York is my next favourite after Bristol. I am still hopeful, but it feels more stressful the longer the wait goes on. I know it is hard this year will the exam uncertainty, but why have some Unis made their offers and others haven't?!
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi!

It's great to hear you have received an offer for Surrey :smile:

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni in general, I can help answer them for you Also if you would like to see Surrey from a student's perspective every week then please follow our Instagram page: SurreyStudent

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)

Thank you!
Original post by Treetop
Getting an offer from Kings is immense - they have a great rep for Psych. Manchester and Exeter are high ranking too. Hopefully Bristol will be a yes for you. St Andrews is tiny, so much be v hard to get into.

I have got offers from York, Nottingham, Royal Holloway and Cardiff. The integrated Masters at York is my next favourite after Bristol. I am still hopeful, but it feels more stressful the longer the wait goes on. I know it is hard this year will the exam uncertainty, but why have some Unis made their offers and others haven't?!

they’re such good unis well done!! & yeah I don’t understand why it’s taking them so long to make a decision like the email says you’ve met the requirements but you’re on hold?!?!? So annoying :frown: I will be so angry if I’ve waited all this time & they reject me like they could’ve told me 5 months ago !
I’m on hold, post interview for dentistry
Reply 19
Original post by Treetop

can you let me know if you've got any updates?

Latest

Trending

Trending