kittycarrie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me.
I have completed my health psychology degree with a 2:1 last year (2020) and have been working in schools on a full-time base for the past year come Sep.
My modules at uni were very heavily biology-based, looking at human anatomy as well as plants, psychopharmacology ( which included chemistry and neuroscience). I have also worked in biology-related roles for the NHS ward-based, as well as medical advice lines.

I want to become a teacher (biology) do you think this is possible?
TiffSlade
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
1 do you have an a level in biology.
2 are you in England, Wales or Scotland?
These questions vary the answers. If you have an a level it should be easy to get onto the course although you may need ske in England.
If you do not have an a level it is harder but possible in some areas. I'm in Wales I have a psych degree and am doing PGCE maths as my degrees had a lot of stats involved. Had I gone to England they were not so willing for me to do maths. Each country in the UK has different rules so you will need to know the rules for the nation you are applying to.
kittycarrie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by TiffSlade)
1 do you have an a level in biology.
2 are you in England, Wales or Scotland?
These questions vary the answers. If you have an a level it should be easy to get onto the course although you may need ske in England.
If you do not have an a level it is harder but possible in some areas. I'm in Wales I have a psych degree and am doing PGCE maths as my degrees had a lot of stats involved. Had I gone to England they were not so willing for me to do maths. Each country in the UK has different rules so you will need to know the rules for the nation you are applying to.
So I’m in England and I don’t have an A level (I have AS Level). However, I was looking at Newcastle Unis PGCE university led and there entry requirements are that your degree is 50% the subject you wish to teach or closely related. So hopefully that will help me out a bit and they date that they train you in the subject area through workshops and so on

I’d be happy to do a SKE anyways but thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads