The Student Room Group

Is it true teachers are making the question papers for A Level Exams (Maths)?

Is it true that teachers are making the question papers from scratch for the A level In School Exams?

Given yesterday's announcement about the public release of optional question papers from different exam boards after Easter to teachers and students, are teachers actually gonna make these exam papers from scratch?

We have been told that our A Level Exam for Maths is gonna be like that.
But surely, that would have to mean that is extra burden?

Plus, no one can actually memorise all the 0ast papers as that would be practically insane and inhumane!!?

Or are teachers saying this now but then they will be using Exam Wizard and making and jubkling the questions?

Any thoughts/suggestions???

I am sort of worried.
Reply 1
Honestly, no one knows yet - the teachers are getting info at the same time as us
Original post by Riya221
Is it true that teachers are making the question papers from scratch for the A level In School Exams?

Given yesterday's announcement about the public release of optional question papers from different exam boards after Easter to teachers and students, are teachers actually gonna make these exam papers from scratch?

We have been told that our A Level Exam for Maths is gonna be like that.
But surely, that would have to mean that is extra burden?

Plus, no one can actually memorise all the 0ast papers as that would be practically insane and inhumane!!?

Or are teachers saying this now but then they will be using Exam Wizard and making and jubkling the questions?

Any thoughts/suggestions???

I am sort of worried.

My school said all assessments will utilise material from the exam board. We are doing mocks after the Easter break and will receive advance notice of the topic areas being assessed as this is being done by schools up and down the country.

We are gonna sit the optional question papers set by the exam boards in May my school have said and we will receive our individual assessment timetables next week.
Reply 3
Original post by CurryCurry2468
My school said all assessments will utilise material from the exam board. We are doing mocks after the Easter break and will receive advance notice of the topic areas being assessed as this is being done by schools up and down the country.

We are gonna sit the optional question papers set by the exam boards in May my school have said and we will receive our individual assessment timetables next week.

Ahh ok....i dont know somehow thats what our Applied Maths Teacher who teaches A Level Maths said that she is doing.

It is so hard to cooread and pre understand whats gonna be in it.

We are doing 2 ×40 minutes papers in Maths.

I am just like...surwly setting and writing questions from scrqtch takes effort and also looking at few sample mock papers which some people are releasing now currently, the questions are differently arranged in such a way that even if you are teying to find the solution you cant.

Surely teachers are gonna use a different combination of papers from the secure material of ExamWizard and ESecureMaterial?

What say?
Original post by Riya221
Ahh ok....i dont know somehow thats what our Applied Maths Teacher who teaches A Level Maths said that she is doing.

I am just like...surwly setting and writing questions from scrqtch takes effort and also looking at few sample mock papers which some people are releasing now currently, the questions are differently arranged in such a way that even if you are teying to find the solution you cant.

Surely teachers are gonna use a different combination of papers from the secure material of ExamWizard and ESecureMaterial?

What say?

There are 3 sets of locked papers (summer 2019, autumn resits 2019, autumn 2020) which only teachers have access to, so they may use questions from there - I doubt they would make many/any of the questions themselves, but probably just compile a paper off of other papers :dontknow:
Reply 5
Original post by laurawatt
There are 3 sets of locked papers (summer 2019, autumn resits 2019, autumn 2020) which only teachers have access to, so they may use questions from there - I doubt they would make many/any of the questions themselves, but probably just compile a paper off of other papers :dontknow:

Thats what i am thinking too...you are right exactly.

Thats what eveeyone is doing.

So why did my teacher say this?

I dont know.

Basically, everyone asked her is it from a combination of past paper questions.

She outrightly denied it.

Would she as a teacher say that just to stop students feom using the optional exam papers which will be released straight after easter?

Maybe just to stop us and from distracting us from such things?

Anyone?
Reply 6
Mine are just using past paper questions freely available on the WJEC website...
Original post by laurawatt

Since when was there an autumn resit for the 2019 series???
Am I missing something cuz i dont recall their being a resit series for 2019
Original post by Riya221

What say?

Well I mean for my mocks, we are doing all 3 papers so idk if they will make a compilation of questions. They have already submitted the papers for printing and we are receiving topic lists next week of what is gonna come up.

idk why ur school is doing it different lol. I guess u guys have not covered all the content so ur teachers have to take that into account.
Since when was there an autumn resit for the 2019 series???
Am I missing something cuz i dont recall their being a resit series for 2019

Oh sorry, my mistake - the November exam series is for the international gcses and a-levels
Reply 10
Well I mean for my mocks, we are doing all 3 papers so idk if they will make a compilation of questions. They have already submitted the papers for printing and we are receiving topic lists next week of what is gonna come up.

idk why ur school is doing it different lol. I guess u guys have not covered all the content so ur teachers have to take that into account.

We have...but we are doing a 40 min paper.

Do you all think the paper will be from old ppqs like 2011 ones as she said that 2020 materials are really not secure?

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest